Help Backup my game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Pat420, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

Hi folks. I am really new here, so forgive me if i step out of line in any way.

I am trying to back up my game. i got to the part where i connected thru ftp to my xbox. but now i am lost. what do i do. do i remove my boot disk from xbox and insert the game i am trying to back up. or do i restart the xbox and then try to reconnect.. or do i just throw the entire thing out the window, because its too complicated /soffisticated for me to figure out. please help me...

if i try to restart the xbox with out the evox disc then i lose the connection. if i dont restart the xbox and just try to switch the disc to my game it loses connection.. what am i doing wrong.. i have the right cable (cross over).... [bold]please please help me.[/bold]

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

From the sound of it, you haven't completely installed a softmod, and you're still using a boot disc to get to a dashboard, so whenever you take the disc out, it resets, correct?

Install a hacked dashboard such as Avalaunch or UnleashX and have the Xbox boot to it. After that, you should be fine and be able to do it the way you were trying.

3. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

Thanks will try that,as soon i find it. after i do that, i just transfer from the d: drive in xbox to my pc right. but then what? do i burn those files with nero. or am i missing a few steps..

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member