help burning downloaded game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by teedubb, Nov 3, 2005.

1. teedubb

teedubb Member

i have downloaded games from bittorrent before and burned with no problem. i do the usual step of unzipping the first zip file and then burn that iso to a dvd and then play it on my modded xbox. this time i downloaded battlefield 2 and got the same files but they are not zip files. here is what i downloaded below:

rb-2mc.001
    rb-2mc.002
    rb-2mc.003
    rb-2mc.004

these files had no .rar or .zip extension. also these files do not associate with .rar's or .zip's (no icon).

do i need to make an iso of these files or is something corrupted?

2. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

something is fishy there....If u get the file properties is there really no valid file extention? And if so than it looks like those files are of no use to you...

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Doesn't mean it's not a winrar archive. Have you tried opening the file with winrar? If it's not it'll just give you an error message.
    Just double click it like normal and manually select the executable from the list or from the program file.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

They are still .rar files with different name extensions. Just open one with winrar and extract the .iso as usual.

5. teedubb

teedubb Member

you were right guys, forcing the files to open with winrar worked. still not sure why the files were not associated with .rar? either way everything worked fine and i'm playing battlefield.

thanks for the quick response and help.