help burning xbox game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 14, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

alright i recently burned an xbox game that i downloaded onto a dvd using nero burning rom and i burned it as a data dvd. I then put it in my xbox and using dvdtoxbox burned it to my xbox in the fdrive/games, and it burned successfully but when i go to my games list (after resetting menu cache and rebooting) its not there, yet when i browse my hd it shows up as dvdtoxbox001 but will not work yet all the files are there. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated..thanks!

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the game must be a iso...and you must burn it as a iso

there are hundreds of threads here that explain it...search next time before you ask a question that has been answered hundreds of times.

3. ger08

ger08 Member

oh ok sry about that but it still works if i change it to iso and burn it to a dvd?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

it depends on how the files are...if they are a bunch of .rar files then you need to extract them, and most likely it will be a iso once you extract them...if they aren't .rar files then you will need a program like qwix to create a iso image of the game.

5. ger08

ger08 Member

alright thanks ya they turned out to be RAR and i got it to work thanks for the help

6. cgrindele

cgrindele Member

You need to check out this site www.xbox-scene.com, It will answer ANY Xbox questions you can think of. You will need to do your research though it is a very big site.