1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help downgrade psp 4.05

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by majt4u2, Aug 1, 2008.

1. majt4u2

majt4u2 Member

Hi Gurus
    I accidentally upgraded my PSP to OFW 4.05, I want to downgrade it to CFW 3.90-m33. I have a pandora battery and created a magic stick, but when I tried to use them, the power light, wifi and mem stick light goes on, but it does nothing. after a few seconds all the lights go off. HELP! PLEASE...any ideas.
    Thanks in advance!

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

3. majt4u2

majt4u2 Member

I have a phat psp. I followed the instructions, but my psp does not go into service mode. I am on v4.05, have a pandora battery and created the magic stick. I tried every concievable trigger/button combination when powering up, but no luck...Please anyone...HELP!!!

Thanks

4. bitg

bitg Member

I have a psp 2000 and i've allso accidently upgradet my version to 4.05 and now i dont know how to play the games i have on it because it doesn't read it...PLEASE HELP ME....I dont know what to so...thanks you very much!

5. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

6. bitg

bitg Member

hey...ummm i have no idea about what you just said but it does sounds good...i hope that you will be able to explain me about it and what to do because the film on youtube didnt helped me understand what 2 do...i hope i wont have 2 buy some stuff for it because i live in Israel and its a bit hard to tech stuff here...tnx alot again...:)

7. kanelita

kanelita Member

hello i am going to tell you how to get your firmware 4.05 downto firmware 4.01m33-2 with out a pandoras battery

first you will need to down load psp pandora deluxe v1.0 make sure3 it is v1.0 and not v.04 or it will not work
    then download psp firmware 1.50 ofm not cfm or will not work and firmware 4.01 ofm not cfm or will not work

when you have them downloaded i would put them in folders on your desktop

plug your psp in to your computer and copy all your stuff off your memory card and save it to a folder on your desktop called psp backup

then open up the psp pandora deluxe v1.0
    when it comes up you should see were it says load psp firmware files
    click on load 1.50 and 4.01 when you do that a box should pop up go to your desktop and the the folders you made and click on the firmware files

back to the pandora next to the firmware you will see that the install is now upen click it on both firmwares

when you do that the install options are now open click on the 1.50 downgrader and the despertar cementerio v6 (4.01m33-2)

when you click on them the padora button confiuraion is now open were it says dcv6 set the button to the l

then where it says other options click it then there should be a box to click that says copy the 4.01 m33 1.50 addon click it

then on the memory card options click on format that away when it formats the memory stick it will gave you the iso folder and others
    then were it says psp drive put in your psp drive letter

then push start it will take a few mins and it might look like it is not working but it is

when it is done unhook you psp and turn off the power then turn on the power and hold down the l trigger button and a scaren will come up that says
    insatall 4.01 m33 or install 4.01 ofw and others make sure it is on the 4.01m33 and push x

then it should install and now you wave psp cfm 4.01m33-2

8. BRANCOVH

BRANCOVH Guest

HELLO KANELITA,

I read u post just now, and i'm in same problem of firmware 4.05 OFW and very afraid of. I'd like to try your suggestion of getting 4.05 to 4.01m33-2.

Have you ever tryed this in any PSP 4.05 OFW?. I mean, does it succeed ? does the psp play any .iso or .cso games ?

SEE YA

9. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Sorry, to budge in but the only way to get custom firmware is use the pandora battery. There are plenty of guides out there.

Yes, it works. Yes it can play iso or cso games.

Did you upgrade to 4.05 or did you got it when you bought it.

10. BRANCOVH

BRANCOVH Guest

I'm happy to know that's possible, because i upgraded my psp 3.9m33 to 4.05.

Now i cant play games from the MS, can u tell me the easiest way to play .iso and .cso games again ?

11. bitg

bitg Member

Hi kanelita...
    tnx man ill send u a respond ones ive donloaded the fiels and tried to do what u said...do u know a site the it will be better 2 download the fiels said from?
    tnx dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. BRANCOVH

BRANCOVH Guest

13. bitg

bitg Member

I've downloaded pandora v 1.0 and a firmware update v 1.5 for the psp but im not sure how i check if its ofm or cfm and what do i do next?
    how do i get the folders that ive been told about to my desktop?
    tnx for the help!! =)

14. hyde84

hyde84 Member

15. hyde84

hyde84 Member

dear Kanelita
    i was try, but it did not work. my psp firmware is 4.05 official.
    i have no pandora battery. you say it can work without pandora battery right.so what the problem...
    when i try to hold down the l trigger,the dcv6 screen did not show up.. i'm stuck..

16. Donaldo

Donaldo Regular member

the steps from Kanelita appear like they are for a Phat PSP not slim PSPs... do you have a slim?

if so you need pandora battery... follow this tutorial:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313

17. Snowmen32

Snowmen32 Member

help plz:
    i downloaded PSP Pandora Deluxe v1.0
    i cannot start it or run it
    when i install it, it just gives me an uninstall file that deletes everything if you open it
    what do i do???

18. hyde84

hyde84 Member

mine is phat psp,i thing..
    but i dont know what the different betwen slim and phat.but i bought my psp in 2005, so i thing is phat right..

19. hyde84

hyde84 Member

are you installed .net framework 2.0 in your PC.you need that to running psp pandora deluxe.

20. hyde84

hyde84 Member

can i use other button, not only l button..
    i was all button,but it did'nt work..