1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for patching wave 4 ,3 games to wave 2(I TRIED 360 WAVES PATCHER AND PPF-O MATIC, DIDN'T WORK)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by forum4321, Mar 5, 2010.

1. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

Hello, this is my first post i need help about patching wave 4 and 3 games.I've burned dozen of Wave 2 games so far, but when it comes to wave 4 and 3 games, i already made 8-9 coasters.I don't want to make any more coasters, so i if someone could tell me what is the procedure for patching wave 3 and 4 games.I tried everything-ran it through ABGX first, then patched it with ppf-omatic/Xbox 360 Waves Patcher;than ifirst patched the game than in ABGX cliked SplitVid-"Add if it doesn't exist or isn't valid";or i just used the ppf-o matic/360 waves patcher without using ABGX-didn't work.So what is the procedure, because i really don't want to make anymore coasters.

Thanks in advance

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

did you download the video partition at the bottom of 360wavespatcher before you tried to patch it, also don't run it through abgx after patching or it will just fix the iso.

3. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

You mean video partition of wave 2.If that than yes, i downloaded it, i changed i to wave 2 but still nothing.I don't know what am I doing wrong.How do you patch them (if you do)?

4. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

"i changed it tow ave 2"(I mean i patched the games to wave 2, just that it doesn't confuse anyone :)

5. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

ok when you say it doesn't work do you mean that it keeps asking for an update in a loop or asking for an update then giving you the dirty disc error?

Have you got the latest dash update?

6. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

No no, it doen't ask for an update at all.And it doesn't either display dirty disc error.It just says Play DVD.I really don't know what to do.How do you patch games to lower waves?

7. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

With the 360wavespatcher:
    1: make sure you download the wave 2 video partition

2:change the language to english by clicking the union jack at the bottom of the app

3:select the iso

4:select wave 2 tab

5:click "patch my iso in wave 2" tab

now before you burn make sure the iso has been patched by opening the 360wavespatcher again and open the iso you just patched to see what wave it is, if it reports that it's wave 2 then it's good to burn ;)

8. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

Just that'no ABGX or anything, just that and burn?Because I've already done that with 2 games, and it still didn't want to play.I just patched them (both were wave 3) in 360 waves patcher to wave 2 and burned them with no abgx and it still didn't work.Also, could you post me a link for latest dash update (but it's not problem in that, otherwise it would've ask to update in loops)?

9. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

Alao should i patch mabe first to wavve 3, than to 2?

10. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

No it should work fine patching straight to wave 2, try re-downloading the wave 2 video partition at the bottom of the app.

11. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

When I patch a wave 4 game to wave 2, it displays Play DVD error, and then it displays a screen where it says that i should put a game in xbox 360 console.So, it still recognize game as a wave 4, even tough i patched it to wave 2 with 360waves patcher.How come that's possible?Also, I don't know, but I think that if i dont stealth patch a game in abgx as a wave 2, that it wont work, but I just cant believe in that, cause it should work fine just by patching it with 360 waves patcher.I know that this thread is pretty old, but still i none of my wave 4, or 3 games managed to work on my xbox 360, so if anyone could help, i would be grateful.

12. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

what media are you using?

13. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

Im using Traxdata Dual Layer DVD's, but it's definately not problem in media, because i have dozen of Wave 2 games that are working normally on Traxdata DL DVD's.I don't know exactly which firmware i have, but as only wave 2 games worked that i probably have 1.4 iXtreme.I don't know, I mean it seems that Xbox recognizes games as wave 4 or 3, even after i've patched them to wave 2, which is really odd.

14. haze266

haze266 Member

hi guys i don't mean to hijack this thread but i have been having the same problem. i have not tried updating the dash yet but does installing the dash downloadable through xbox.com safe? will it not affect the 360's capability to play backups?

15. haze266

haze266 Member

also it keeps asking for an update in a loop if that helps?

16. haze266

haze266 Member

i have updated the dash now the problem has become 'unreadable' instead of the loop...

17. brent76

brent76 Member

Can anyone help me. I have been trying to get xbox 360 waves patcher to run on my computer and i cant get it to work. I have downloaded from different sites and get the same results. Anyone have any ideas?

18. brent76

brent76 Member

Can anyone help me. I have been trying to get xbox 360 waves patcher to run on my computer and i cant get it to work. I have downloaded from different sites and get the same results. Anyone have any ideas?