Help ftp connection to xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by poken1151, Aug 26, 2005.

1. poken1151

poken1151 Member

Ok I was just looking around these forums and I found a nice tutorial on hot to connect to my xbox via ftp.
    But I am running into some problems. One, everytime I try to connect with flashfxp I get an error wait 120 seconds get an error and so on and so on. I read elsewhewre that I could connect through IE tried that too but alas windows could not connect to the server. I followed the tutorial with the best of my knowledge considering that this is the first type of network thing im doing.
    Anyway my xbox ix connected directly to the pc, while a cable modem is connected via usb I say that because the modem was connected to the pc with the ethernet cable and the usb cable at once, if that makes a difference. Now in the tutorial it says

"In your custom Xbox dash (i.e. Evolution X, Avalaunch, Unleash X etc.), make sure your settings are configured for STATIC, and change your IP address to this, 192.168.0.3 Also, make the Xbox's primary DNS the same as your computers IP address shown below (192.168.0.4). Scroll down, and click SAVE before you exit that screen!"

What I see is: IP Type: Static
    IP address: 192.168.0.3
    subnet mask:
    Gateway:
    DNS 1:
    DNS 2:
    As you can see alot of the feilds are empty the tutorial says change the primary DNS to the same address as my pc, I take it that the primary one is DNS 1 but my computers IP addrss is static: 24.186.26.77 but the tutorial says 192.168.0.4, so which do I cange it to? So can anyone help me with this. I know I wrote this post a bit lengthy but I need help.
    One more thing which dashboard do I have? When I start up I see evo x in the top left, after its started up most of the time i see x unleashed but in the main menu I see "return to evo x dashboard"???

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

it dosent make a diffrence if the cable modem is connected to the USB or the ethernet card. It needs to be conneted to 1 or the other not both of them. Now you say you have your Xbox conected to the computer. if thats the case you need a crossover network cable.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@poken1151
    Don't forget. If you are going to connect directly to yur PC with an xbox; both the LAN Connection you're using on the PC and the xbox will need to have Static IP's OR you will render your operation useless.