HELP! I Have a .iso of a game i own, but there is no default.xbe

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Dhay14143, May 27, 2005.

1. Dhay14143

Dhay14143 Member

I Had 27files in .rar format extracted it and it became a .iso, so now i have the .iso file but there isnt a default.xbe do i need the default.xbe if i am ftp the game to the xbox? if i do where do i get it from?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

The ISO is an image that can be burned to a disk,If you want to you can extract the ISO with either craxtion or quix.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

So you downloaded a game, and extracted the .rar file. It's supposed to be an .iso. The default.xbe is inside the .iso (you can't open, don't worry it should be in there with the other files).

4. Dhay14143

Dhay14143 Member

fine so after i extract the rar files it becomes an iso but when i ftp it to the xbox it doesnt show up on the dashboard, i definately ftp it to the right place,
    and also after i extract it do i need to do something with the iso using qwix or craxtion?

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Once you have extracted it,it's ready to ftp over to the xbox. Just ftp the folder into your 'games' folder on the xbox. If you're not gunna burn it,the ISO can be deleted or stored somewhere.

6. crusoe

crusoe Member

once you have the .iso use Qwix to create an .xiso (xbox version of an .iso) you then also use Qwix to transfer that .xiso to the folder on your xbox. if you are simpley transferring the .iso the xbox wont recognise it.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

either way the image has to be extracted for the xbox to play it off the hard drive,and if I'm not mistaken...the extract and transfer feature that quix has can only be used with supported dashboards. (avalaunch and unleashed).

You can use quix to extract the image on you pc,then transfer the game folder to your xbox with your ftp program. Transfer the game to your '
    games' folder on either your E or F drive. Whichever has enough room for it.

8. crusoe

crusoe Member

Qwix works with evox aswell.

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

oh yeah,my mistake...it's the 'boost' feature that's only used with avalaunch and unleashed.

10. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

you don't transfer [bold]any[/bold] iso's to your xbox hd. You have to extract the iso to a folder on your xbox.