Help..I'm trying to burn a movie but have unknown files

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by czax808, Aug 7, 2008.

1. czax808

czax808 Member

I downloaded a movie and all it came with were 2 SFV files, a IDX file and a SUB file.. I tried to burn it using DVD Decrypter but there are no files that's supported...Could it be that I didnt not get all the files needed or do I need to do something about those files like Winrar or something? Still learning about these stuffs so please bare with me.. Thanks in advance!!!

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

the .SUB file is subtitles.
    the .SFV and IDX files are info files for certain types of player software, and can usually be ignored.

was an .AVI / .DIVX / .XVID file included? - that would have been the movie itself.

you would need to convert the .AVI to DVD .VOB format before burning it to a DVD. if the movie needed subtitles (like if it was in a forgien language) then you need to find some software that can convert the .SUB file as well as the .AVI file. ConvertXtoDVD may do that...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  3. czax808

czax808 Member

Hey Nick,
    Far as files like .avi,.xvid,.vcd,.mpeg,etc. No there were none. The only files that ended up in the folder were those mentioned and a document file.. But thats it.. I just figured that I would have to add to a Rar file or something but than realized that that wouldnt make any sense cus I would only have to xtract again..lol..(obviously, I tried it). Thanks tho.

4. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

Are any of the file really big (600mb)? they may have just changed it from .AVI to something else....

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

sfv is "Simple file verification" idx is a "Index file" and the sub is a file that contains subtitles. you can edit the sub file by opening it with notepad but really serves no purpose to change (useless typing about the subs)

These files do not get burned to disc as it would be a waste of a disc.

seems as though you did not select all the files to be downloaded. try to re-download.

Btw, just asking...is this a torrent or nzb?