1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP!]Joining .ifos from 2 movies

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Kingherc, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Kingherc

Kingherc Guest

I am trying to put 2 movies in a DVD-R but i have some difficulties with the .ifo files.

What i did is: i have decrypted each movie to different folders and have retained only the movie with the audio and subtitles i want for each one. I compressed each movie seperately and have succesfully created 2 different folders with correct .ifo and .vob and .bup files. They are both played.

What I tried: I put the files of one movie (without the video_ts.*) into the folder of the other movie (changing the names: for example VTS_01_1.vob -> VTS_02_1.vob) and with IFOedit, I tried to change the .ifo to be able to watch the second movie after the first but to no avail. When i open the video_ts with ASUSDVDxp i can watch only the first movie and the second is not played.

I think the problem is in the video_ts.* files, but have no idea how to change them so that they recognize and play the second movie.

ANY HELP??

2. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

3. Kingherc

Kingherc Guest

I've tried what u said and it worked just fine. Now, the problem is that the first movie has its subtitles and audio but the second movie doesn't show any subtitles, which i need. I just want to know how to make a dvd with two .ifo from two different titles, each with its own audio and subtitle options. Or anyway, how can i make a menu screen where i can choose which movie to play (but still retain different .ifo files). Any ideas??

4. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

To do that I believe you will have to re-author the DVD from scratch, I dont think there is any software to do this easily.

5. Kingherc

Kingherc Guest

That's the problem. Cause i'm not really into re-authoring the dvd, and cause i don't know how (if there's a guide or another short way, please tell me)... Is it so difficult to just make a new video_ts.ifo? or just add a few lines in it?? I have all the other files ready and these silly files keep me out of the way... If you have any idea how to do it with IFOedit, please tell me. There's an option: Create Video_Ts.ifo but it's always de-activated and have no idea...

6. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

7. Kingherc

Kingherc Guest

I found a rather not-neat way of making the DVD finally! To anyone who might be interested here's how: As i had ready the two folders of each movie, i used DVDToolbox to re-create one of the movie in just 10 min or 5... The program itself makes a second title for the video_ts.ifo and makes the second title to be an advertising image of the program with the label "END". So, i just take the second movie files (without the video_ts files) and move them to the folder created by DVDToolbox. I just check again with IFOEdit the .ifo files (by clicking the button "Get VTS Sectors"). At last, when played, the first movie shall play and when it finishes the second title is played, each title with its own subtitles and audio! The only flaw is that this solution won't work for more than two titles... I fear that the only solution after that is re-authoring the whole DVD or maybe only the .ifo files if it is possible (because i've not seen any ifo-authoring program, and IFOEdit hasn't reached v1.0 and though it shows that u can add titles, it doesn't support this function yet). Enjoy!