HELP! ms dashboard backing up help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Iiquid, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Iiquid

Iiquid Member

hi guys, i was just wondering how to backup ur xbox "ms dashboard".1 of the major reasons y i would like to know is that i am thinking of softmodding my xbox...

i have read certain things here and there sugesting different backup ways, but i not sure which to believe...

1. Is that u can only make a backup of the "ms dashboard" when u have installed or run the "gamesaves" off the memory card.

2. is u do it be4 u load up "linux" onto the xbox.

If u know how to do wot i am after, plz just leve a little tutorial, thnx in advance to ppl who submit posts/replys :)

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to install the softmod first and then the softmod will give you the opertunity to backup the MS dashboard and Eeprom. Make sure you backup both after installing the softmod.

After installing the softmod and backing up the MS dash and Eeprom and setting up your softmod and new dashboard you should:

FTP to your Xbox and backup the C: folder and E: folder onto your computer then burn the folders to DVD. It will make it alot esier to fix problems (HDD Faliure, Acidently formating the folders, etc etc )

There has been alot of people with these problems which would be easy to fix if they would have done the above.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  3. Iiquid

Iiquid Member

ok cool, thnx, also which dashboarddo u suggest i chose? i have a router connected to my xbox...if u need to know that :S

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

refresh the page and read the above post that I gave I Edited the post while you where reading it the first time.

I use Unleash X myself. Iv tried a few of them and like that the best.

Also setting up an FTP between your computer and Xbox the easiest way is with a router. So once you get the Softmod installed come back and we will walk threw how to FTP to your computer if you need the help.

5. Iiquid

Iiquid Member

right, ok, i have just downloaded the software to softmod it using the game splinter cell, i downloaded these of there:
    "Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq"
    and...
    "Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq.sfv"

i wasn't sure if u needed both :p, ne way i gona load it to me AR now, i getting splinter cell of a m8 2moz so i can install it then...

i have heard about "Unleashed X" wot about the BIOS if there is one, ne suggtestions.

also when u say about FTPing, i know wot u mean ect... but can u do it through "Unleashed X"? n also when u back it up after installing mod, n FTPing it then burning it, wont the C: drive have the "Unleashed X" ect on it? which leads me two...

when u want to go back to the defult xbox, n lets just say the backup on the xbox corrupt n u need to use disks, how u put it back on? do u have to FTP it back?