Help, my brother deleted dashboard, and now my xbox can't read games.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by thetaker9, Jul 17, 2006.

1. thetaker9

thetaker9 Member

My friend sofmoded my xbox not to long ago. I t was working fine, but my brother deleted the xbox's dashboard, no long ago, and now my xbox won't even read games :(. Is there a way for me to reinstall the original xbox dashboard, or am i screwed?

2. Unscarred

Unscarred Member

why is everyone's brother involved? even when steam started to use VAC it was always the brother who got them banned for using hacks.
    GET AID3!!!!!!!!!!!!! and perhaps read a little bit on how to fix it yourself

3. thetaker9

thetaker9 Member

trust me it was him, because i wnted to sofmod the xbox but he didn't, becuase he thought he was gonna be banned from xbox live, because he plays alot of halo. So he deleted the dashboard to sort of screw me over.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well he may get banned from Xbox Live if he does not know a way around it detecting the modded Xbox.

But that is another subject. You may be able to use an auto installer disc like Slayer 2.6 or AID 3.o (auto installer deluxe)
    That is if the xbox will read it. You would have to find them, download them, burn them to DVD-R, then stick them in the xbox and reset it. This would normally boot the auto installer.

Without a dashboard you can not FTP either so that option is out too.
    When you start your Xbox what does it do?

P.S. tell your brother that if he is afraid he will get banned to download Xlink Kai. You can play Halo online with people and it is free. Also XBconnect is another free online program. That is no reason to mess up someone else's stuff.

5. thetaker9

thetaker9 Member

when i start up the xbox, the logo comes up, and thats it. when i put a game in the same thing happens, but there is a white microsoft logo on the bottom. and no, my xbox can't read anything at all. I'll try the slayer 2.6 disc, and see waht happens, but i doubt it, since my xbox can't read anything.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

I think at that point i would take my brother and give him a mean thrashing. Hopefully Slayer will work and you can just reinstall the dashboard. Have you tried to FTP yet? can you make a connection?
    If so you could download and FTP the dashboard onto the Xbox
    If neither of those work then i an out of good ideas on this one.
    You may have to take out the drive and rebuild the whole thing on the PC.

7. thetaker9

thetaker9 Member

trust me i beat the shit out of my brother, and yea, ill try that today.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, if you can connect via FTP and do not know wher to get dashboards then go to Xbins or about any good torrent site.