1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP my PS2 CD Tray is stuck

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Thomsy, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Thomsy

Thomsy Member

its stuck open half way. I cannot open or close the tray. little help please

2. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

if it just stalled you could press the power/standby button in front a couple times, and if the motor's broken you might still be able to use it if you can make a slide card or open it manually somehow

3. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

Hi Thomsy if yr door is 'stuck' & wont budge it sounds like yve busted the drive gear. If this is the case it is a reasonably simple fix. I have photos of this fix if needed
    Dix_Fix@primusonline.com.au
    vinividivici

4. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

What you have to do is: Open the PS2, open the tray, turn off the ps2(main power), push the tray back until it hits the back thing(you will hear a cracking noise) that means that the tray got back to its normal position. Now tested with the ps2 still open, if it works you successful.

Cheers

5. Thomsy

Thomsy Member

thanks for the help guys. got it fixed. just jammed it back in and it seems to work fine now. Does anybody know if those swap magic disks work for moding the PS2???

6. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

You dont have to do anything inside the ps2 if you want to use Swap Magic boot discs. Did my theory of pushing back the disc tray work?

7. Thomsy

Thomsy Member

yes it did work. thanks man. i'm just wondering if those swap magic disks actually work thats all. if sum1 has them n they work. i know u don't need any hardware. just a slide card

8. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Yea I personally have them and they work great, but right now my DVD version is dieing on me, well actually the DVD version is already dead, it has so many scratches on it. Im getting the DMS4 Pro this Saturday, so i aint trippin.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  9. Thomsy

Thomsy Member

why didnt u make a back up????
    do u know anyone with a good version????
    cuz i'll make a trade for it
    i can get just about any game or movie u could want

10. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Thomsy

I sent you a PM, go check it out.

11. sooz

sooz Member

hello,
    i have the same problem as thomsy but the tray wont open. wat shud i do?i oredi open d ps2 n take out d cd inside. but i couldnt get the tray to open as normal. so plz help. ASAP

12. msserratt

msserratt Guest

this is what you do... 1. open the ps2... get to the cd tray... and open it... when you pull the cover youll see the tray that holds the cd/dvd take it off... be carefull!!!!! it maight be tricky for some people and due to the heat exposure you may brake something... ok then. youll see a white lever like pc of plastic you should be able to move it side to side with ease. if you dont check the gears on it make sure theyre clean.. that is one of the most important mechanisms of the entyre tray.... me sure its working propely.... get back.. with your progress..