HELP ! Networking Problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by babycakes, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babycakes

babycakes Guest

I have networked my Desktop PC and my laptop with Belkin Bluetooth dongles, I can fileshare and access the internet via broadband from both similtaniously.
    I have now upgraded by buying a Belkin desktop 54g network card and a Belkin 54g laptop networking card. I installed everything as per the instructions, but they will not connect to each other.
    Can anyone help, do I have to remove the bluetooth software? Is this interfering with the cards?
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ........ I AM DESPERATE.
    G

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

This answer will be very very vague, so i hope someone else reads and helps you, BUT....
    after briefly using wireless network equipment all i can suggest is to check the ip address of each and subnet mask, make sure they are both on same subnet, ie 255.255.255.0 and both have different ips, ie 192.168.0.1 and .2 respectively. Unless you have a router that supplies an ip.

That bit im sure of...the bit im not 100% on is, i know you can do point to point with 2 wireless devices and obvioulsy with more if you have an access point, but i THINK, only think that there is a setting that has to be changed, so the cared know if they are to pass through an access point.

If its wrong, im sorry and i hope someone can help, if its right, woohoo!!

Hope you get sorted.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.