HELP ! Networking Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by babycakes, Mar 17, 2004.

1. babycakes

babycakes Guest

I have networked my Desktop PC and my laptop with Belkin Bluetooth dongles, I can fileshare and access the internet via broadband from both similtaniously.
    I have now upgraded by buying a Belkin desktop 54g network card and a Belkin 54g laptop networking card. I installed everything as per the instructions, but they will not connect to each other.
    Can anyone help, do I have to remove the bluetooth software? Is this interfering with the cards?
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ........ I AM DESPERATE.
    G

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi babycakes, I'm not real sure if your 2 systems are causing the problem with each other or not. I would go into the device manager and do a temporary diasble of the bluetooth devices and see what happens. Then run throught the Windows networking wizard again and see if that helps.
    I'm using an Intel wireless system and it took some playing around to get my wife's laptop to connect with my den computer after I upgraded to XP. Its OK now but I can't even remember how I corrected the problem. Good luck

Jerry

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Ok, now that I know which thread to reply to.. Here goes. In another thread you said you cannot get your two pcs to see each other.

Can both PC's access the internet?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Try removing the Bluetooth, getting the 54G to work and then retrying the Bluetooth.
    :)