help please any one

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by labajue, Dec 4, 2005.

1. labajue

labajue Member

ive got my x box chiped its an executer chip
    far as i know i dont have a new dashboard i think its still the original microsoft dashboard
    these are the qestions i need help with

1 where do i plug the crossover cable into on my pc
    2 with the tutprials i read about connecting xbox to com i think there
    for xp but how do i connect using win 98se
    3 where can i download a dashboard from as i dont have irc
    4 i here with evolution x when u install it it dosent keep your saved games is this true asa i have lots of my games saved
    sorry if i posted this in wrong forum any help welcomend

2. Augmented

Augmented Member

Stick your Xover cord where you put your Cat5 cord. Keep sticking it in holes and it will finally fit in one. LOL

3. labajue

labajue Member

sorry one thing i forgot to mention is do i have to have a network card
    what on earth u chating about are u taking the mick with that reply i guess so but cheers for annoying me

4. labajue

labajue Member

another silly question again what i forgot to ask
    i am using a adsl modem to acsess the internet do i connect the wires through that or the modem in my com the old dial up one
    cas if i start changing my ip adress on my modem i use to use the internet it would muck up my connection wouldnt it
    sorry if i sound dumb but i guess i must be

5. labajue

labajue Member

sorry if i was rude but i dont know what it means Stick your Xover cord where you put your Cat5 cord
    i think cat5 cord is a cord i can buy not sure of xover cord
    is the cord i need to connect from pc to x box the cord u buy when u buy xbox online package

6. labajue

labajue Member

again me would this cable be ok to use to ftp from x boc to my pchttp://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1689754185.1133729078@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciaddggkfkejgcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&sku=116236&category_oid=-25207&fm=1&sm=6&tm=5

7. Augmented

Augmented Member

Just buy a networkcard. They are really cheap. I saw one at Good Will for a buck.. lol

8. labajue

labajue Member

do u know where i can buy or download a dashboard from as i aint got a clue where to find them

9. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Ok assuming that you do not have a Third-Party Dash installed, and you realy do only have the M$Dash on your XBOX™. There's not much you can currently achieve with FTP. As you **CAN NOT** use FTP with the stock M$Dash!!

About the only thing you could do is to either Google for a so-called XBOX™ Boot Disc (i.e. Slayers 2.x, Auto Installer et-al), Bittorrent for it, or go the good 'ol fashend way p2p. Burn the *.iso (ca. 700Mb), to a CD\RW or DVD±R\RW. The XBOX™ ~depending on which revision you have~, will most likely not have much love for normal CD-R's, Your welcome to burn 'em anyway. But, for simplicity stick to the above!

This will should allow you to install a FTP compatible Dash (at which point you should reask this question!![/i] As well a a handfull of usefull Apps like ConfigMagic, to the XBOX™...

10. labajue

labajue Member

Burn the *.iso (ca. 700Mb), to a CD\RW or DVD±R\RW. The XBOX™ ~depending on which revision you have~, does revision mean what type of media i have eg cd r or dvd +r
    will most likely not have much love for normal CD-R's, Your welcome to burn 'em anyway. But, for simplicity stick to the above! doeas that mean zbob dosent recognise cdr
    i just got auto slayer2.6 installer so do u just burn it on to a cr as the size of the file is about 340 mb
    or shold i stick it on dvd r if i burn it do i just stick it into xbox and it will automaticly load it self or do i have to do somthing else as i dont want do put cd in xbox and not no what to do as might muck x box up
    cheers for help so far any more advice please

11. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I'd burn it to which ever Media (CD\RW or DVD±R\RW-DL) I had laying 'round. Albeit DVD+R-DL might be a bit over kill from a storage \ price standpoint. So save those for a Game or something.

If your Chip (Xecuter was it?!), is active, with a Firmware installed Be that X2 or X3 depending on exactly which Xecuter Chip you have! You should be able to just burn the *.iso File to said Media, and run it on the XBOX™. As the *.iso File will be written out into the XUDF Format that the XBOX™ can read.

If your Chip has not been Flashed, then you'll need to do so before you can run any Unsigened Code, beit Dashboards to Games to Backuped CD's or DVD Games, on your XBOX™...