help redlight cameras

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by akamk, Oct 9, 2007.

1. akamk

akamk Member

well i was driving and there was a stoplight and on top of the light next to it had a camera on it. and i was payin attention to the arrow next to the stop light and the the red arrow turned green and i addicallty went and i stop kinda in the middle of the intersection but the car behind moved up so i can couldnt back up so i just went straight. but the camera didnt flash or anything. anyone know whats going to happened and how much the fine is going to be if i do get something in the mail

2. akamk

akamk Member

help bump

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Have patience, plus bumping threads isn't allowed, Forum Rules are in my signature. Looks like you need to read the Highway Code too

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

depending on what state and city, in springfield missouri the fine is $100,00 and no points on your drivers licence

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it depends. won't be more than a couple hundred dollars, all said and done. watch your mail for a bit.

6. akamk

akamk Member

i live in the ca south bay area, but the camera didnnt flash does that mean it didnt get me or no?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

was it at night? no flash needed in the day.

8. creaky

You people across the pond are lucky then, we get flashed in the day (though some cameras don't flash at all, they do average speed checking etc, we have various species of speed camera over here but don't get me started on that); some of the darn things are allowed to stay faulty for very long periods, just up the road from here we have one that is faulty, it flashes you when you drive towards it too fast; now the thing is, this camera type is only for catching people from behind ie going away from it, but because this one is faulty it gets you (on the other side of the road) when you're going the other way. i'm always getting flashed by that one, i wouldn't put it past the police to send me a picture of my car, stating i was flashed because i was driving backwards at over 40mph on the other side of the road, or something. it's been like that for at least a year, it won't get fixed any time soon, those type of cameras are notorious for mistakes ie they flash when they get reflections of vans etc too;

harrumph!!, just be thankful you don't live in this country

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i think speed cameras are bullshit; it's just a way for governments to rack up money. if they really cared about public safety, they would make it much harder to get a driver's license while requiring ongoing check-ups, and then stop enforcing speed limits.

10. akamk

akamk Member

it was at night and it didnt flash and the camera i saw was only one camera on that intersection , man i didnt know we had speed cameras too.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, you'll just have to wait and deal with the consequences. if they send you something, see what you're charged with. if they're offering you something with no points, plead guilty and take the fine. if they want to give you points, get a lawyer and let him handle it. no points and less of a fine for you, that way.

12. creaky

Here's the rub... here's a picture of the UK and yet we have countless 1000's of speed cameras of varying types of hostility, there's more cameras than cars..

edit- "Britain's roads are now covered by a network of some 6,000 speed cameras both fixed and mobile"

[​IMG]

Unbelievable!

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-types.htm

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

is there any way to protest? written any political figurheads lately?

14. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

It is the standard MO to react to the symptom rather than the problem. I have seen DMV employees helping people on their tests so they could get a license. They say driving is a privilege when they take your license but they hand them out to any clown.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it makes me want to pick up a shotgun and take down some 'tards... ;-P

16. akamk

akamk Member

damn so i guess im going to get charge, what do you guys think how much is the fine? im in ca torrance

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

like i said, probably a few hundred dollars, at most. if it's no points and you plead guilty, maybe only a hundred. if it's points, and you get a lawyer, after his fees, it might be 300.

18. akamk

akamk Member

its my first time doing a red, it was because i accidentally went when the green arrow next to it turned green, i hope it doesnt go to points have a big fine

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

don't worry about it for now. if you get something in the mail, you'll pay a little fine and life will go on.

at least you didn't get felt up by a cop for no legal reason. >.>

20. akamk

akamk Member

thanks alot for your help, wish me luck