HELP!! RElly bad i'm going crazy

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rihgt682, Jun 29, 2005.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

i donwload something from limewire pro and after the download i double click on the file and one second later the file dissaper.
    SO i'm like ok. And one second later the limewire shows up. and i exit and it shows up again. and it goes like this forever. So i knew that the file i download was some virus. So i tryed ad-aware se and spybot-search and mcafee virus and nothing and i don't know what's going on can someone help me. OH and i checked the programs and there's nothing wrong.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Did you happen to catch the filename or type before it disappeared?
    Maybe a search engine would find something about it.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i would remove the program first then try to find it

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Remove what program? I also find out nothing happens when i push ctrl+alt and delete. ANd it makes it noise to my computer and its relly slow.

5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Help!!!!!!

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

remove limewire ,run all scans spyware ,virse in safe mod ,tnen reboot run them again. if you still have problems your going to probably have to reformat. and try a system restore to an earlier date beore you added limewire

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

8. Mebaker99

Mebaker99 Guest

What your describing sounds like something that happen to me. I downloaded p2pnetwork.exe and it messed with my system really bad.
    It has nothing to do with p2p it's a type of virus that almost nothing can detect. I wish I could remember how I got rid of it but I don't. Search The Web with google and research it. Good Luck it was a major pain in my *ss to get rid of it.

9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

What do you mean by scan the virus thing in safemode? My mcfee virus said it was experied and needs update. does anyone know where i can get a free ones?

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

rihgt682 get a virse scan program on your PC right away .if you cant afford one download the AVG 7.0 free edtion like ddp said

as far as safe mod goes reboot your pc and as soon as it comes on start hitting the F-8 key repeatly then you will be in safe mod do your virse scan and spyware scans in that mod

12. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I think I fix the problem,I did a system restore. Thank you guys for helping me out. Hey do you guys have any tip for p2p. What program is safe. Thanks!!!

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

14. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I do have winmx but when i click the downlaod and wait for it to load it doesn't load.. It's like yellow than red. After a while. I ususly download music. Some programs.