HELP!! RPC Terminated Unexpectedly, Windows must shutdown

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mycomp, May 26, 2005.

1. mycomp

mycomp Member

My computer has been coming up with the message that the Remote Procedure Call unexpectedly quit and that windows must shutdown. This was initiated by the Windows NT security. I have looked around and many posts say that it was MSblast. I have downloaded SymantecW32.Blaster.Fix32 and it came up with nothing. Also I have Spybot and AVG anti-virus running and they both come up with the system coming up with [bold] CLEAN[/bold]. Also my computer is 2.00 GHz and it runs very slowly.I am sure there is some virus or worm or something on my computer. [bold] HELP ME PLEASE[/bold]

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. Xian

Xian Regular member

4. mycomp

mycomp Member

Spybot, AVG anti-virus, and fixBlast from Symantec say the machine is clean but I still get the RPC unexpectedly quit and that Windows would shut off in 1 minute. I have also tried downloading patches for it but they do not work

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try the stinger program, 2nd on my list. did you run the programs in safe mode??

6. Buik

Buik Regular member

A new version of AdAware was just released. V.1.0.6. Try using that. Also, try using "Spyware Doctor". Both can be found on Download.com.

"Belarc" advisor is another nifty & free program that may help you ensure that your computer OS is up to date. I think I found it on Download.com also. Use google to find & download if all else fails.