1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP]Screw won't come out.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tehown, Aug 13, 2008.

1. tehown

tehown Guest

OK I have been trying at least 10 times. You know the small black 2 screws on the Wii. The black screws that hold the disk insert part together with the Wii. Those screws simply won't come out. I have a tri wing screw and it extracted all other tri wing screws perfectly, but these black screws just won't budge. I have tried to turn left but it won't move, turning right is possible so I'm assuming it is movable. It isn't strip yet as I didn't kill my screw just yet. I have applied alot of force as well, but still no result. Can anyone help me out.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There is a combination of screws. Not all of the screws are Tri-Wing. Some are Phillips and need a Phillips screwdriver.

3. elk1007

elk1007 Regular member

The black screws are, imho, the hardest to get out because of their size.

Make sure you're using the right size phillips screwdriver (very small).

4. tehown

tehown Guest

lol i forgot to mention the screw was a tri wing screw, and it isn't the normal + screw. But i got it out anyways at a local repair shop. They extracted it for me and gave me new screws for replacement :]

5. india3

india3 Member

I have the same problem. The little black triwing screws on the side next to the disk slot, not the one with the nintendo and ati logogs. they just won't come out, no matter how much i try. I've been using this screw: DealExtreme Trigram

Any idea what I can do? Do I need another screw driver, and would it need to be bigger or smaller?

6. tex176

tex176 Member

just remember if you strip it, you'll be dremeling it. Good luck ;)