HELP!! SOFTMOD DISK HELP!! pLEASE SUM 1!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by CDRWWW, Oct 1, 2005.

1. CDRWWW

CDRWWW Member

okay so i have a modded xbox already and i have burnt games for it( which work successfuly) but i just learned how to softmod and i modded my 2nd xbox. it plays certain games that my friend burns for me and it does not play any of the ones i burnt??!?! whats going on here? my soft mod is SID 2.0 and i dont' know what to do... please help...

i use ritek dvd-r's and i tried a memorex dvd+r the game was juiced. it still does not work!!

btw im pretty sure my friend just downloads his games and makes an iso file out of it and just burns it. i actually ftp all my games from my xbox to make a backupcopy. is there any difference? thanks

brian!! HELP MEEE

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes you need to download Quix and make an xISO then burn to the disc to work.

Download quix here.

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

You can FTP with quix and it will rip the game from your Xbox DVD drive and make an xISO or you can choose to Make ISO and it will give you the option to choose the folder you riped the game to if you used a diffrent FTP program.

Once the xISO is made burn image to disc.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  3. CDRWWW

CDRWWW Member

well, thats the way i make copies of my games. i ftp my xbox and get all the files, then use quix to make the iso file and then burn with dvd decrypter but in this case, the new xbox that I've modded does not recognize the game. i do know that my friend downloads his backupcopies and burns them using dvd decrypter. what am i doing wrong here?

4. MyriderUK

MyriderUK Member

try using nero this has never failed for me on any types of disc except when i tried cdr's in a thompson drive, thompson drives only read dvd's or try stomp cd record now sometimes its not the media it can be writer software.

5. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

i have never gotten a memorex dvd+r or maxell dvd+r to work on my xbox...try another brand