HELP THE NOOB- MODDING Q'S

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by shanshann, Jul 16, 2005.

1. shanshann

shanshann Member

OK ....i am basically xbox retarded...all i use mine for is watching dvd's and playing regular non xbox live games.I know that xbox's come in different version but i don't know which one mine is (i bought it in december of 2003) so I need some questions answer pretty please:

1. is there something i can do to my xbox so that it will play all regions of dvd's? at the moment it only plays region four and multi regioned dvd's

2. is there something i can do to my xbox so i can copy games onto my xbox (so that they are there and i can play them without the disc)?

3. Can i get both of these things done in australia? is it legal?

4. how much would it cost me?

Please help me i really need some answers so that in know what to do!!
    If you can give me the serious xbox help i need then you can leave a message here and HELP ME
    UNKNOWING LITTLE TEENAGE GIRL, LOST IN TECHNOLOGY WORLD

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

hahaha, the total noob question. That's alright though, you've come to the right place for help...

If you "mod" your Xbox, you will be able to play every import game imagined.

First, you will need your Xbox modded. If you upgrade your HD to a larger one, you can load Xbox games onto it and play them right off of it, which decreases loading time by 30-40%!.

Yes, you can get it done if you live in Australia. It is mostly illegal, but everybody does it, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon.

It all depends on what you want done. If you softmod your Xbox, it is decently cheap. If you chip your Xbox, it is also decently cheap. I live in American, so I really can't give you any exact prices.

For more info. check out this site:

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2005
  3. shanshann

shanshann Member

THANKYOU sooooooo much pimpdawg...your my total saviour

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No problem buddy!