help unlocking hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bmxicant, Mar 13, 2009.

1. bmxicant

bmxicant Member

idk if this is in the right section, but the other day i deleted all my skins from xbmc. i cant get into my hard drive from ftp and from the usb port. when i start up my xbox i see the xbmc splash for like one sec and then i see a black screen. any ideas for getting the skins back on. are there any good programs that can unlock my hard drive. ps i have a full back up of C and E including eeprom

2. Swango

Swango Member

was your back up made from XBHDM? if so and you have the disc you can use that disc and your pc to unlock the hard drive copy all the files from the C: and E: folders to your hard drive, lock it back and put it into your xbox. If this is what you mean that your drive is corrupt and you need to reinstall your C: & E: folders from a back up you made from XBHDM then reply and I will fully explain. I dont wanna type it all out if that isnt what you are looking for.

3. bmxicant

bmxicant Member

hey thanx man i understand. instead i used xplorer360 and an E backup thant i had on my comp. it was pretty easy just got error code 12 and then just hot swaped it into the secondary master.

4. Swango

Swango Member

Not a problem, glad you got your system back up. It is always wise to keep back ups up your dash and your EEPROM. I am constantly messing something up and having to reinstall everything. But then again how else will I learn? Everything I know is from these forums here at Afterdawn.