help wanted for making home movie using SONY DCR-HC42

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by venkee, Nov 11, 2005.

1. venkee

venkee Guest

I have recorded movie on SONY DCR HC42 miniDV camcorder. I want to transfer these recording on DVD. I would like to know which is the good/recommended software for this transfer from camcorder to PC and then to DVD. I tried "Picture Package" from SONY which came with camcorder but its quality is very poor and it can be used only for VCD. After connecting the camcorder to PC this software automatically launches and I cant do anything with it. Windows movie maker somehow making small frame movie and I can see them as full screen view. I am beginer in this field so please help me with every possible information about transfering the movies to PC, the necessary software.
    -thanks-venkee

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Actually quite a few programs can do this. You may try e.g. Nero Vision Express or DVDSanta first. Both have trial versions, and can capture to harddisk plus burn to dvd.

Good luck!

3. premieris

premieris Guest

pinacle studio 9 for capture, encoding ,authoring and finally burning the dvd

ulead dvd movie factory for encoding ,authoring and finally burnig the dvd

adobe premier 6.5 for capture and encoding in mpeg format

4. rdrunr11

rdrunr11 Member

I use Pinnacle studio 9.4.3 for all my transfer, editing, authoring, and final disc production and everything always turns out great!! If you can afford Final Cut Pro, that would be the way to go, but it is really expensive!!