Help with a strange backup problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by edster007, Mar 3, 2006.

1. edster007

edster007 Member

Here goes, this is really weird.

I have an ISO if Curious George which I previously loade don my HD. Works fine. I eant to put it on disc so I used Craxtion and created a multi disc. CG won't load off the disc. I tried to burn just the ISo and it won't lod either. I figure my ISO is corrupt, not sure how but I ftp my dir from my HD to my PC and create an ISO and burn. No go. Then I send the same dir. back to the HD on the Xbox in a different dir. and that won't work either. Not sure what is going on. I tried durning on another PC and still no luck. Very strange. The original directory on the HD works fine. This si really strange.

My previous backups work fine. Whne I load this new burn it hangs. When I open the drive door I get error 13. After power off and then on, error is gone and the Xbox works fine.

Anyone know what is going on. I don't know what to try next.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What do you mean you created a multi-disc? you have 2 games on 1 disc?

Also you could try to clear out all the files in your CACHE folders (dont de;ete the folder clear them out) and delete any game save of that game. Could be a corrupt games save.

COuld be you didnt correctly back up the disc.

You should bebale to use Craxtion or use Quix and FTP and pull the game from the D: drive which is the DVD drive of the Xbox and create the xISO then burn to disc.

3. edster007

edster007 Member

I finally figured out my problem. seems Craxtion was patching the file and screwing up the disc. I got it work by recopying the file and removing the option to auto patch. Craxtion was patching the ISO and now I have some bad ISO's.