1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by yuppicide, May 31, 2002.

1. yuppicide

yuppicide Member

I have a Pioneer DVR-104 under WinXP. It came with Cyberlink PowerDirector Pro 2.0 DE.

Problem 1: Burns fine, previews fine, playback in Samsung DVD-N501 and the menu doesn't show up, but the menu song does. Screen = black and if I press play the video will play.

Problem 2: Tried other programs, Nero 5.5.8.2, Gear Pro DVD, and a Ulead product. Every program when I goto write it says "communication error".

Any help fixing this would be appreciated. I'd actually like to get a DVD produced with a working menu.

2. viper058

viper058 Guest

Why do you want the menu??
    I have the same drive under XP, and have stripped dozens of movies with no problems, but no menu. The movie simply starts when inserted in my standalone player.

3. yuppicide

yuppicide Member

No, No.. I'm not copying DVD's. I'm just burning videos I download off the net. I really like how the menus make the final DVD look.

Mainly, I am putting concert videos of bands live on DVD's.

4. viper058

viper058 Guest

Oh, I see...

Have you tried "Spruce Up"?
    It's a nice little menu builder.

5. yuppicide

yuppicide Member

Well, I fixed one of the problems with the help of Pioneer. It seems why no other program worked with my burner was because it was in DMA and not PIO for transfer mode in device manager. I already tried another program, Nero, just to see if it worked and it worked great. So, now I'm gonna try out my friends ReelDVD $2500 program.

Heh.. I also found a website with Scenerist NT for download. That costs like $21,000 and is what some of hollywood uses.