Help with Changing hard Drives (different from other posts)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ismith, Jun 2, 2005.

1. ismith

ismith Guest

Okay, I bought the Xenium SP ice mod chip and I want to install it. I want to use the solderless adapter that came with the package that can be olny used for xbox v1.6. Now, my friend had a v1.6 xbox and he will give it to me in exchange for my v1.4 xbox, but he needs his original harddrive and I tried his hard drive on my v1.4 xbox and it didn't work on it.

My question is that is there any way to adapt an v1.6 xbox's hard drive to work on a v1.4 xbox and still have the saves and xbox live data ect.??

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to unlock the hd to use it with a different motherboard, and then you will need to lock it again on the unmodded xbox(xbox must be modded to unlock and lock hd)...the easiest solution to your problem would be just trade xbox's straight up(entire xbox), then use a xbox memory card to transfer the game saves from his xbox to your xbox, and viceversa...it shouldn't take long to transfer the game saves, they aren't very big...otherwise both xbox's will need to be modded to switch hd's

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2005
  3. ismith

ismith Guest

Yea we were thinking about that, but is there any way so that if we completely trade the xboxes (hard drives and all) is there any way that he can access his xbox live account from my xbox hard drive cause I dont think that that info. can be transferred via memory card.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yes you can transfer xbox live accounts from 1 xbox to another xbox...i have done it many of times...the only problem you might have is if he purchased downloaded content...there is no way to transfer that stuff, so he would have to pay for it again, unless you have all the same downloaded content already on your hd...and if you don't, you could always pay him back for the content he had to pay for again.

5. ismith

ismith Guest

Nah, no purchased stuff (account only used for Halo 2). Also I was wondering if these transfers can be done with an action replay memory card or just with an official Microsoft memory card??

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

depends if you got a good mem card with your action replay...i got a shitty one with mine and it wouldn't work with some files, but the ms mem card will never fail.

7. ismith

ismith Guest

Alright im doing that now and the mem card from action replay is doin alright, thanks a lot for the help I had to come here cause no one had any answers on xbox-scene surprisingly.

8. mdsup

mdsup Guest

oh they have answers, if you don't search first and ask a question that has been aswered hundreds of times, they will not help you...if you would have read the tuts you would have learned that to use a stock hd on a different mobo the hd must be unlocked etc...(i am not gonna go into all the details)

there is much more info over there than here, just need to learn how to use the search to your advantage.