Help with FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ps22man, May 22, 2005.

1. ps22man

ps22man Regular member

hi i now that i would like to get a mod for my xbox. but i dont want to buy a hard drive because it costss to much money and for me dvd-r r way way cheaper. if i buy an executer 3 chip can i ftp. i did a test today ON AN UN MODDED XBOX and ftp didnt work. i hooked up my unmodded xbox to my linksys and found the address. then i tried to go ftp the right address and it didn't work. do i need a mod to ftp in the first place. does then exectiter 3 have it all setup in the first place and ftp it and put all my games ot dvd-r using xISO. BASICALLY I AM GONNA BUY A MOD CHIP (EXECUTER 3 FOR 95 $ can.) installed and i want to ftp/ backup all my games to blank dvd-r media thnx.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

your xbox must be modded to ftp...once you get your chip installed, just flash the x3 bios to the chip, install a dashboard, setup your network...after all this is done you can ftp...by the way good choice of chip, it is the best chip.

3. shady78

shady78 Regular member

harddrive upgrades arent that expensive anymore cost me 85 dollors for a maxator 200 gig hdd from staples

4. ps22man

ps22man Regular member

wow how do i flash the chip, if i buy an executer 3 isn't everything ready to go

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

no it does not come all ready to go...the bios you need is a hacked bios, that makes it illegal for the people selling the chip to have it already on the chip...it isn't hard to get the bios, and it is simple to flash it to the chip...don't worry about the bios until you get your chip installed properly and the xbox boots to Flashbios.

once you get this far, come back here and we will help you with the rest.

6. ps22man

ps22man Regular member

what is flashing? can we talk on msn or something i just do wnat to waste alot of money and thigns dotn work out right.

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the only thing you have to buy is the chip...flashing to chip loads the bios to the chip, so the xbox knows how to boot up...if you don't know how to solder get a solderless chip...make sure you know what version xbox you have before you buy a chip.

you are making this way too hard, it is very simple.

8. ps22man

ps22man Regular member

ya i wil buy that executer 3 and my friedn sloders, but where do u solder, does it come wiht instructions. i no theer is a way to turn on and off the chip, but oncei buy and istall mychip how can a run soem progs and ftp to copy rental games. tnx

9. shady78

shady78 Regular member

there are guides every where look around a bit