Help with Virtual Drives

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by darkr182, May 29, 2003.

1. darkr182

darkr182 Member

I have a question about virtual drives that have been created by Alchol 120%. If I mount an image onto the virtual drive, and it installs without any problems, can I un-mount the image, and will the game play?

And if a game has two or more images, can i just mount them on seprate drives?

Thank you for your help.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It all depends on whether the game needs a cd to play. Also, i dont think u can mount 2 images at once with Alcohol!

3. maryjayne

maryjayne Member

I dont use Alcohol 120% for creating virtual drives as for some reason my PC does not like the virtual drives created with Alcohol.

I do know that you can create up to 6 virutal drives with Alcohol 120%.

To answer your question: you must keep the virtual drive in order for the game to run properly.

If you want some advice then only use Alcohol 120% for virtual drives for games with hard to beat copy protections such as SafeDisc. For all of your other virtual drive needs then try the software that I use: J. A. Associates's Virtal Drive Creator. It is very easy to use and can have as many virtual drives as there are letters in the alphabet.

4. maryjayne

maryjayne Member

I almost forgot about your second question.

If a game requires more than one disc to play such as Final Fantasy VII, then you must use the same virtual drive for each CD. This means that you have to unmount each image and remount the new image to the same drive letter. A pain in the arse, but sometimes the extra effort is worth the game.