Help with Xbox ISO burning

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lofty2x2, Oct 7, 2005.

1. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi there. Hope someone can help me.

Recently downloaded Pro Evolution 5 of the net.
    The files I received where as follows:

r-pes5 WinRAR archive (there are 31 of these files)

r-pes5.r30
    r-pes5.r31
    r-pes5.r32
    r-pes5.r33
    r-pes5.r34
    r-pes5.r35
    r-pes5.r36
    r-pes5.r37
    r-pes5.r38
    r-pes5.r39
    r-pes5.r40
    r-pes5.r41
    r-pes5.r42
    r-pes5.sfv
    ayuda HTML Document
    riot MSInfo Document

I dont know if the above files need anything else doing to them, do I require all of the above files? Do I need to open the winrar archives?

Ive got XISO(do I need to just select all of the above files and create an XISO?-I tried this, then burned it using Nero but Xbox didnt recognise it-my Xbox is modded)
    I also have Nero 7.
    Im new to this and have read tons of info on it but Im still struggling.
    Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ok.there should be a file that ends .r00.open that with winrar and extract the file inside it.the file you extracted is your iso image ready to burn.enjoy:)

p.s.let me know if its any good as im thinking of trading fifa 06 in for it as im not impressed with this years fifa offering.

3. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi there. There are lots of r files (from r30 to r42) and there are 31 r-pes5 winrar archives - so im not really sure which ones I open, and which ones I need to burn to disc so that it will work on my xbox.

There isnt a rar00 file.

Thanks.

4. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

you dont need to burn any of them.they are all just parts of the same iso which is rarred up to compress it.

open each one until you get one to properly open up in winrar with a .iso file inside.extract that file and open that file in your burning program in order to burn it.

5. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Done it. Thanks so much.

Found the rar00 file, which had iso in it, and then it opened each one. I get it now, but its so complicated first time.
    Burnt it as iso on nero 7 and it works great on my xbox.
    As for your question, although fifa 06 looks nice, and has great commentary and teams, pro evo always seems to play so much better. Its not as easy to score as fifa06, but it just plays so much more like real football. Definately the best footy game ever! Once again, thanks so much for your help.

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

no problem.glad you got it working:)

yeah,it is a bit weird at first.winrar can split it into little chunks rather than one big massive file.

ive been back and forth with fifa and pro ev.i had fifa 2003 and loved it then i got 2004 and didnt so i got pro ev 3 instead and was astounded but then i got pro ev 4 and didnt like that so reverted back to fifa 2005 and now ive got fifa 06 and dont like that so im reverting back again.lol.
    thanks! i think ill go trade fifa in tomorrow!