help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mail, Feb 11, 2006.

1. mail

mail Member

Hi guys. Im new to here and im wanting to softmod my xbox (the action replay way) and im completely lost! I know how to softmod it but after that, do you have to hook your xbox up to your computer everytime you want to burn a disc? And my friend has downloaded games. How would he put those on his softmodded xbox?
    please help!

2. mail

mail Member

Also: how do you FTP? ive read the tutorial and i still dont understand it! Does the Action Replay come with a cord that you can plug into the back of your xbox and to your computer or what. Do you have to hook it up through your router. (i dont have one) If the games cannot be burned how do you put them onto the xbox?

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Let say that you successed softmod in your xbox. So you have a new dashboard. Which dashboard do you have?

you want to backup game. Yes, you connect pc to xbox and use Flashfxp to download game from xbox to PC. This is called ftp. If you dont have flashfxp, google it then download and install it on pc. There are many way to do ftp. Here is my way. YOu dont have to buy a router. You just buy a crossover cable so it is cheaper. Connect pc and xbox using crossover cable.

ON PC set:
    Ip 192.168.1.11
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    gateway (blank)

On XBOX set network type "static"
    Ip 192.168.1.111
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.11

Fire up flashfxp. Choose quick connection. type in
    ip field: 192.168.1.111
    username: xbox
    password: xbox
    Then click connect. It will connect pc and xbox. If you have a game in xbox dvd drive, on the flashfxp the game in drive D on xbox side. So transfer it to pc.
    For the burn game you have to search around for the tutorial.
    If you want to put games in the xbox hdd, I dont recommend it. Since the original xbox hdd is too small. Unless you upgrade it with a bigger hdd.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2006
  4. mail

mail Member

Would that show up in flashxp? and where would you buy a crossover cable?(I would have the evox dashboard, by the way)

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No they wont show up. YOU type them in.
    You have Evox. That is good.
    Buy a crossover cable at any computer stores.