hi i need help ASAP plz !

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by resifreak, Oct 7, 2005.

1. resifreak

resifreak Member

ive took apart my xbox version 1.6 and i have removed and added a 80 gig maxtor HD and its installed and it works but i have one problem, i have my custom evox dash installed and as far as i no it boots back-ups cus it readthe slayers auto installer 2.6 of a dvd-r but i cant install the M$dash and well i want to, ive tryed it off slayers installers but it comes up with error 13 and error 5 , so i really need help if anyone can help me ?

please ..........

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

error 13 means it can't find a dash to boot to....will it boot to evox or another dash of the sort. If so you could just remap the path to where the msdash is located. Or else it might be just having to rename the xbe that the msadash uses in order for the machine to see it.

3. resifreak

resifreak Member

well its booting games and to the evo x dash i got installed from the slayer dvd perfectly, but ive installed the MSDash of the installer and it doesnt work it brings up error 5 , but the mod side of everything works great just i want the msdash and i want to get my savegames onto the new HD any idea how ?

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if you have an app that has a file manager in it,use that to find the xbe file that is supossed to go with msdash. Now once you find it you should be able to launch it from the file manager. If it launches,then all you would have to do is open your evox.ini file and goto the bottom where it has the mapping to the msdash,and remap it to the one that actually launches the msdash. If it works properly,when you hit ms dash in the evox menu it should boot to the ms dash.

5. resifreak

resifreak Member

hi it there a way i cud just ftp everything from the WD 10 gig that was sold with my xbox and just put it onto my 80 gig maxtor and it wud work, i doubt it but is it worth trying? also i read sumwhere error 5 is sumthing to do with hard drive being locked? i just need a simple and easy way to do this if possoible and ive never used the file manager thing and it confused me but i will try it but i had my xbox made a mbackup of the drive but it only backed up the HDinfo is this normal? also i can access the M$DAsh from my evo x dash but i just cant get it to boot as it shud when chip isnt on

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  6. resifreak

resifreak Member

hi i got the xbox to boot normally ( had to lock the hard drive) now all i need to do is get my save games from the retail stock HD any idea how the hell i can do this cus i have no clue ?

ive tryed ftpin and searching the HD but i cudnt find them , plz help cus im not starting all my games again.!!!!!

7. resifreak

resifreak Member

i found the save data it was in UDATA and TDATA if nobody knows but im just gettin it bk in one piece now and it works fine now so thanks everyone for ur help