1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"High Quality" TYG02 inkjet printable at cdrdvdrmedia.com

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mrchub, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

2. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

kivory666, you're dead on correct. For a long time I used to think these places (supermediastore, cdrdvdrmedia, meritline, rima, shop4tech,...) were all the same. Clearly they aren't. I've also never had a bad experience with supermediastore or rima, so I'll just stick with them.

Funny, but when I first got a dvd burner about 2 1/2 or 3 years ago I initially ordered from cdrdvdrmedia.com. They shipped fast, which was all I cared about. Then again, I was such a dunce back then that I was buying the absolute cheapest discs I could find (like "Accu," whatever the hell that is). Of course, now most of those initial burns won't play at all!

Like everyone I'm always looking for the deal of deals, but I've got to keep repeating to myself, "TY or Verb, TY or Verb,..." BTW, Amazon has a decent ongoing deal for hub printable +r Verbs: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001LRIT4/102-0717710-4935313?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance Since it's free shipping and no tax it's not bad.

Also, I just ordered my first batch of silver inkjet printable TY's from Rima. Anyone have comments about the quality of the prints on these silver-topped ones versus regular white (I have an Epson R200)?

3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@mrchub,

i PERSONALLY like the silver printables over the white ones~ :) i have a R300, btw, and i like this "holgraphic finish" that the silver ones have over the white printables; nothing wrong w/ the white printables as the color seems to stand out more vibrantly on them than the silver ones; but, i just like this glossy/holographic-like look that the silver ones have over the white tops :)

as long as they TYs, you should just as pleased with them as i have been, i don't buy many printables anymore as i've just became lazy and stick to my good ole' sharpie to write the names on my backups now; but, these silver tops are very nice in MY opinion, i have a few hundred of them and they still look great~ :)

4. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

kivory666, yeah, I'm getting lazy as well. I base my precious R200 ink usage on the graphics of the dvd I'm backing up. If it has nice artwork or helps me to remember what the movie is about I'll do it. Is it ink-worthy (sort of like Elaine on Seinfeld trying to determine if a guy is sponge-worthy)?

I just noticed that there don't seem to be any hub-printable silver discs out there by either TY or Verbatim. Unfortunately I only realized this after I got Rima's shipping notification. Damn.

BTW, I'm burning that one fake TY I mentioned I'd do as I write this. A backup of The Forgotten. I'll post some scans eventually (after I burn it again to a real disc, of course.

5. skunkman

skunkman Member

For people in the uk the best place to by Tayio Yuden Discs is www.svp.co.uk probably more expensive than in the u.s but the cheapest i've found in the U.K and excellent shipping times

6. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

OK, first of all I should say that the one fake TY I burned plays fine on my Sony carousel player, though that's not unusual even for CMC and other crappy discs. I don't know much about scans, but I ran Nero's Disc Quality and ScanDisc operations on the disc. I didn't know whether I should be running the scan while the disc was in a dvd-rom or dvd-writer drive, so I did both. The ScanDisc scans turned up nothing but green blocks, so that's obviously good. Below are the Disc Quality scans, the top one being the one from the dvd-rom and the bottom one from the writer. I'll leave it to one of you guys to tell me what the hell this data means, if anything. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. akyllonen

akyllonen Regular member

8. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

According to this site: http://tdb.rpc1.org/#HP640C, it's a BenQ DW1625. Shouldn't that work with the Nero tools since up through the 1620a does (according to that list)?

9. akyllonen

akyllonen Regular member

Doesn't look like it to me....none of the Updates have included that drive...

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ <-----List of updates

Could be that the PIE's are accurate and it just doesn't support PIF's. If so they are not nearly as bad as I imagined they would be for fakes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005