HOLY COW! STORM OF THE CENTURY!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by scoonie32, May 11, 2005.

1. scoonie32

scoonie32 Member

So if you follow the weather at all, you probably already know that the midwest is being pelted with storms for the last couple hours. I go to school at hastings college which is in the eye of the storm in Hastings Nebraska. I just got inside from cleaning up glass from my shattered windshield, Backshield, Sunroof and driver side window. When I say shattered I mean no more window. 90% of the campus cars have had the same damage. 2 have been sent to the hospital from head injuries caused by hail and one of my good friends had his face cut open by breaking glass. This is insane! Weather center just reported that the storm has backtracked and is coming back at us!!! I forgot to add that all of the campus building's windows have been shattered along with the flooding of the main office on campus. This is only going to get worse too!!! Turn it to the weather channel if you want to hear about us...I will keep everyone informed!

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

that's pretty crazy. I really don't pay attention to the weather, but I wonder if that's the same storm(s) we had over here on the east coast last week. We didn't get hail or anything too severe, but it just rained off and on all week.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Stay safe, scoonie32. That bad weather is being caused by all of the cold cold cold air, coming out of Minnesota (where I live), and is meeting all of the hot air coming up from the south. They predicted that there would be violent storms in your area and the southern part of Iowa, 3 days ago. They are supposed to last a couple of days.