1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How can I make tv episode dvd's?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Accept, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Accept

Accept Member

Sorry to ask but I've never done this and need advice. I have a series of videos in MKV format and would like to burn them on to dvd-r. Can someone with a bit of experience tell me which free program I could use to create dvd's with a menu and a few episodes using Windows 10 please?

I've heard of DVDStyler but don't know if it's any good.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

3. Accept

Accept Member

I have not tried Freemake, I've never made this type of dvd before. I'm going to experiment with your previous help but after that I want to be ready to make the dvd's.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think most of us went through the point of converting disc at one time or another. Over time I began to find DVDs require a little too much work to enjoy. I have a wall of DVDs and Blu-rays. Then along came USB 3.0 external discs that cost very little for storage, and require less work. So I began reversing things and converting to a more portable format and storing them on 2 TB drives. Movies I keep on discs but TV series I prefer in portable format. But give it a try and see if it's what you're looking for.

5. Accept

Accept Member

What I have I got on a memory stick and I can play them on my computer but would like to watch them on my tv so I'm learning to make dvd's. Backing up my movies is easy but this is new to me.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A lot of TVs have USB ports and accept USB external drive connection and will work from portable drives, but you will probably have to have the file in MP4 format. Have you tried it on yours yet? It might be worth an effort to find out if one will work on yours.

7. Accept

Accept Member

I changed one to mp4 but the picture was bad big and clear when small.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Again, it's your settings because there shouldn't be any difference in quality. Set your Constant rate from 22 to 19 and then try it again. MKV, and MP4 are different containers but inside they have the same video and audio. The difference for example is that with MKV you can add chapters, but MP4 has a much broader range of compatibility. I just did the entire Game of Thrones series from Blu-Ray on MP4 and the quality is amazing. If MKV had broader support I might have chosen it. It all comes down to how you intend to use the result.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  9. Accept

Accept Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it Saturday.