How do I burn 2 - 3 DVD movies at once

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BlueMax30, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BlueMax30

BlueMax30 Member

I have on my puter 3 NEC 3550 and I would like to burn 2 - 3 DVD Movies at the same time. How do I do it and what do I need. I have the latest versions of AnyDVd and Clone2. DO I need to buy NERO 7 or what else.

Thank You guys

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Nero has the capability to burn via multiple drives, but I've not tested this method and don't really know how to set Nero up to do it.

The alternative would be the queue function in Imgburn...they won't burn simultaneously but rather consecutively.

http://www.imgburn.com - the program is free.
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=930 - this is the guide.

3. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

wouldn't that get really hot? i think you would need a fan around the optical drives to keep them cool.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why would it get hot?

They said they have 3 diffrent drives. so each drive is only actully burrning 1 copy. Drive 1 will burn then drive 2 then drive 3.

I have 2 drives myself and would rather use the IMGBURN feature to queue the drives rather then have them burn at the same time. Would be less CPU usage.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  5. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

he asked if he could burn 3 movies simultaneously, not consecutively.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes and each drive would be burrning 1 disc. Not 3 disc in a row so how would the lasers get to hot?

Im not trying to be rude but think about it. Yes maybe the laser would get hot if you burned 3 DVD's on the same drive 1 after the other. But this is 3 diffrent drives burning 1 disc each at the same time.

I have burned up to 5 DVD's one after the other on 1 drive and it hasent effected it at all. So even if he burned 3 DVD's one after the other on the same drive it shouldnt be a problem.

7. hkplane

hkplane Member

If your software don't allow to do it in a row and don't bother to get another one, this idea should work if you got a decent system. The only concern will come to the HD speed part if you're trying to burn 3 DVDs light speed and your HD hardly provide the stable performance.

You can simply install VMWare or M$ VirtualPC to make out two virtual OSs under your native OS. VMware does need money but last time I checked, the virtual PC 2004 ver looks free offer now on MS site.

Download the full version of Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 SP1:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9D-DFA8-40BF-AFAF-20BCB7F01CD1&displaylang=en

I believe they both are similar but just VMWare may got better speed or settings. I used VMWare 5.5, it does allow me to open two or even more virtual OSs at the same time but each will spend your at least 4GB space(not sure but it seems yes) because you need to give each virtual OS an unique space for 4GB+ size.

Starts up the VMware to create a 4GB virtual machine profile and insert your Windows CD to your drive then it will begin the installation process at usual. After the installation has totally completed, now you copy the image file to a new directory and run VMware two times, that's all about it. Remember to assign the correct DVD burner to virtual OS each, you can do it via edit the profile settings like profile1 access drive D and profile2 access drive E.

8. meyer_m

meyer_m Regular member

I guess it could get hot if the drives inside the case are right next to each other and you don't have good ventilation. That would be a bunch of moving components all giving off heat within a close proximity.

9. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

I have two DL Dvd burners (1 internal, and the other external) and have successfully burned two movies, two different drives, at the same time (burned one using ImgBurn and the other using Nero. No problem and both movies work perfectly. Burned them at 6x (verbs).
    Just a thought.
    MovieDud

10. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

I have a system with two burners and I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. It works absolutely great and I've had no problems. Check around some of the usual retailers and you can usually pick it up for about $40 after rebates, etc. Get a short stack of DVD RW and test it out first, whichever way you go with burning programs. Take your time and don't try to burn too fast. If you mess up, erase and try again. Good luck!

Ron

11. spartacu

spartacu Member

I've used NERO to burn 2 movies at the same time on 2 different dvd drives. All you do is after you begin to burn your first movie go back into Nero click new and when the window opens change the drive to your other since the original one is in use. Go through the steps and you can burn your next movie at the same time.

12. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

soz face123 lol

13. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

youll probably ned a aeavy processor to do all 3 at once m8 lol

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i haven't read thread fully yet but Nero works great at 'multiple recorder' burning. I use Nero 6.6.0.18 and very often use this feature. it only works for burning the same movie/data at the same time across multiple drives

15. redice

redice Regular member

@creaky

whats this feature in nero called?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  16. creaky

i'm in Linux now so can't show you a screenshot but when you go to burn a DVD-video as normal, a bit further down the screen is the 'multiple recorders' tickbox...

17. redice

redice Regular member

ok thanks creaky. i will have to check that out.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Below is an image of how to burn with multipul-recorders with nero.

[​IMG]

19. creaky

cheers, that'll do nicely :)

as i say, it's an awesome feature, i use it like it's going out of fashion, sometimes with a +R disc and a -R disc, one would be booktyped and the other wouldn't, one night be an 8x disc and the other might be a 16x disc (just explaining that you don't need to use identical discs), but the multiple recorders feature only cares that it's the same data being sent to multiple drive concurrently. i highly recommend it

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  20. redice

redice Regular member

@larrylje

what version of nero are you using? also is this in all versions of nero?