How do I copy a mini dvd onto my pc?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Danzr, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Danzr

Danzr Member

Hi, I am very new to forums but I have serched and can not find any help so I am asking. I DO NOT own the camera But I have a "Home Movie" I need to copy onto my pc and edit to reburn to a full size dvd. I have NO CLUE what to do!!! I am beyond beginner when it comes to this. Plz any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Can't even get the video to copy into "My Videos"
    Thank You!!

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Where did the movie originate? How have you tried to get it onto your hard drive, if you don't have a camera?

What format are the files on the MiniDV tape?

If they are files recorded from a camcorder, you need to capture them to you hard drive, and the best way to do it is capture via firewire cable as .avi files. To do this, you need the video camera.

3. Danzr

Danzr Member

Ok....1st the video is of The Dance Team I own, The camera was barrowed from a friend of a friend to tape a preformance.
    2nd I have tried to upload the video from the mini disc. (by inserting as if to watch) I can watch the video on my laptop but I can not get it to copy.
    Ummm. I belive the what you are looking for is....Ts.....something I think some of them have, Vob, ifo and Bup.
    I know that my computer does not reconize them as a video. but I can play it on my media player....
    Is there anyway to copy them like a cd.....??? without the camera??? Thank you for the help and info!!!

4. Danzr

Danzr Member

Ok....1st the video is of The Dance Team I own, The camera was barrowed from a friend of a friend to tape a preformance.
    2nd I have tried to upload the video from the mini disc. (by inserting as if to watch) I can watch the video on my laptop but I can not get it to copy.
    Ummm. I belive the what you are looking for is....Ts.....something I think some of them have, Vob, ifo and Bup.
    I know that my computer does not reconize them as a video. but I can play it on my media player....
    Is there anyway to copy them like a cd.....??? without the camera??? Thank you for the help and info!!!

5. Mez

Mez Active member

With the mini disks once the disk is closed, is there a file(s) that can just be copied? If you could up load the files to someone that could convert them to what ever.