How do I delete Xbox Live From the game file

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by adzi, Jul 21, 2005.

1. adzi

adzi Member

Hi all

I was wondering if any one could tell me how to delete the Xbox live files from the game file which is already FTP'd to my pc.
    How do I recignise them, If I new what they were I could delete them and maybe make the game small enough to fit on a 4.7gig DVD-R.
    The Game is Halo 2.

Thanks for any help.

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I always delete these files: dashupdate.xbe, stats.xbe, downloader.xbe, & update.xbe cuz I believe they're for only LIVE users. For game deletions, head to here:

http://rahszhul.xhce.com/

It shows you which files to delete to make the games smaller and safely doing it.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Achilles3

Thanks dude. I never realized how much space I could save by deleting the XBOX Live files.

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Achilles3

Almost forgot. I'm pretty sure it will but I thought I'd ask you. Deleting those files will take away my ability to play online with XB Connect or XLinkKai, right??

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Nope, you will still be able to play on XBC or Kai just fine. Oh also, if you see Xdemos folders, delete those too. They're only game demos and preview videos. I deleted like 3GB worth of stuff on the game Brute Force, which can be replaced with another game or 2.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Must be some 12 year old snot-nosed kid going through puberty to have all that anger in only 2 posts.

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No worries. I won't lose any sleep. Sometimes you've gotta let off some steam.

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

It was kinda funny cause I'm not the best typist in the world and well, I'm sure everybody knows whatot's like to be made and try to do something

10. alk3rules

alk3rules Member

how do you burn multiple games to one dvd?

11. tk4387

tk4387 Member

hey, I checked the website you posted trying to find the right files to delete to make Conker: Live and Reloaded small enough to fit onto a dvd-r (only 51.2mb needs to be deleted) and the site doesn't have it.. do you know what I could try to delete?