How do i finalize a dvd using a LITEON LVW 5005 ??

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by aztec1, Nov 17, 2005.

1. aztec1

aztec1 Member

Hi everyone i just got one of these recorders, i know that once the disc gets full the recorder will finalize the disc automatically.
    BUT what if want to finalize the disc before then. lets say i just record two videos and want to finalize the disc at the point, how can i do that.
    I read the manual what i could not find the answer. is there a feature
    in the recorder where you can do that???

Thanks in advance.

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Press the 'Guider' button on the remote. With the down arrow button (just below the 'enter' key), move down to 'Finalize'. Press the 'Enter' button and wait. When the disc has been finalized, you need to again press 'enter'. The unit will not allow you to eject or play the disc until 'enter' has been again been pressed.

Are you sure that when the disc gets full, that it will automatically finalize the disc? I have two LVW-5005 recorders, and neither one will 'auto-finalize' a disc.

3. aztec1

aztec1 Member

I had a feeling it would be you who will answer my question.
    Thank you very much i greatly appreciated.

* no i am not, i just assumed that it will automatically finalize the disc. So i guess i learned something new about this recorder, i will make sure to finalize all my disc the way you told me, from now on.
    thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Also .. If you use DVD+RW discs, it's not possiblt (or necessary) to finalize the disc

and if you want to use DVD+RW, the Verbatim DVD+RW discs are by far and away the best ...