1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get A-Replay Max to play dvd+r ps2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by spawn78, Apr 23, 2006.

1. purpleBri

purpleBri Member

your kind welcome, no media player is something i can't understand!

the ARMAX i have is v3.36, came in the fancy tin case w/ memory card at BestBuy for $30. The 32mb pen drive version of that is also priced the same.

I explored some of the functions on my version to see which application mode would stop the CD from spinning (for booting the .ELF), but to no avail. I hope you get your backups working and a better paying job as well.

Purple Brian

2. spawn78

spawn78 Member

thanks alot for all yalls help Ill just upgrade to 3.36

3. ShadowJoe

ShadowJoe Member

purpleBri thanks for everything, your info was more helpful than any of the cites I have visited in the two weeks I have spent researching this. Again, Thanks. I have decided to pay up and get a fliptop and swapmagic ( my patience was wearing thin with elf files and incorrect versions of Action replay + Gameshark). I did have one more question, as for the swap card trick and Action replay, Do you think its possible to use the old version of AR ( The one you dust off in your basement and look at it as if it was a PSone game).Its not Max and it has a dvd player center, which is kind of pointless when you can play dvd media from the main dash at start up. is this the media player I have been reading about? or am I just wasting my time.
    thanks for the feedback

AFTERDAWN ROCKS

4. ShadowJoe

ShadowJoe Member

O, nevermind,no need to reply, question answered in previous discussion. see ya

5. purpleBri

purpleBri Member

Thanks, yea i'll see you around the forums, i love this place!

i got my ps2 to play backups 2 days after purchasing the system. All thanks to this forum!

6. spawn78

spawn78 Member

yeah these forums are great thanks pbri and everyone else now its time to move onto the xbox.....

7. spawn78

spawn78 Member

I just bought the new armax in the tin but it wont load cogswap from the pen drive that comes with it is that normal does this version of armax have to have the max media created cds?

8. purpleBri

purpleBri Member

hey spawn, nice to hear from you again,

Just burn it [the elfs/image] onto a CD using the guide i sentcha by jjax

9. spawn78

spawn78 Member

Alright i burned the cds and got cogswaper exploited to the memory card(you guys should update the walkthrough to include how to make the cogswap load like assigning the buttons i figured it out on my own but there are some people who might get lost)Now I'm having aproblem with cogswp loading ps2dvdroms and my dvd+r backups!!

10. spawn78

spawn78 Member

it recognizes ps2 cdroms

11. purpleBri

purpleBri Member

oh yea!!!

alrite for ps2 dvdroms, try using a high TOC game, which is a definate ps2 dvdrom like Gran tourismo 3 or FFX-2.

so first ps1 game, Run Cogswap, eject to open, pop in authentic ps2 dvdrom (i use FFX), eject button to close, Slide out w/key, pop in the backup, Slide in All the way and pushed back to the left all the way, then press X.

12. spawn78

spawn78 Member

tried the ffx and it still dont load any dvd roms.Is this problems with the eye??

13. purpleBri

purpleBri Member

eye? lens?

if you think it's the problem with the lens, then run an authentic ps2 game and see how that goes

14. spawn78

spawn78 Member

even the authentic ps2 dvdroms dont read.I tried to follow exploitstation's ps2 repair guide but still have no luck!