1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make a Free McBoot disk with JUST a ps2 with a front-broken-off disk tray?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by KuchiBoy, Nov 24, 2010.

1. KuchiBoy

KuchiBoy Member

Hey, KuchiBoy here.
    I was wondering how I could create a free McBoot disk without Swap magic, Gameshark, Codebreaker, action replay, or the james bond method. I've already searched around google and youtube, and I haven't found anything. I might be getting a Swap Magic for Christmas using my Christmas money but I would rather use a free way instead of using money. My ps2 is SCPH-50001, and I don't have a modchip/swap magic/swapping disk/etc. The only thing I have is a Swap Card (Cut up pokemon card, lol) and a broken disk tray. That's it. I have a USB stick also, I don't know if that matters.

Regards,
    KuchiBoy

Edit: quite sorry about this edit. My ps2 is fat, also.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. jojobinks1234

jojobinks1234 Member

I need to know this as well. I just made a back up of Fifa 11, but I can't play it as of now. I don't know much abouut modding or the swap-disc stuff, and I'm hesitant to buy it, I mean I could've just bought another copy of the game for the cost of dvds and a chip or the boot discs. My thought is if we expose where the disc is being read we could slide it out and put in the burned copy after it bypasses whatever it is that it needs to bypass.
    Does it need to be completely dark for the disc to be read?