how do i make my dvd player multi region

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by lushiex, Jun 14, 2005.

1. lushiex

lushiex Member

hi i have a sony dvp-ns330 and am wondering if any 1 can help maybe with a code for making the player multi region.i dont have a chipped remote only the sony remote that came with it thanks

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Try this:

If that doesnt work, try this:

[/quote]I have discovered the service Menu on this player. You enter it by doing the following:

Press Power to start it up with no disc in the player.
    Press Power to turn it off
    Press Return
    Press Clear
    Now Press Power again and it will start up in Service Mode indicated for a short while with Service Mod in the players Display.You will be presented with a blue service menu.

I have dicovered that by selecting System Config hitting 0 and then in the next menu select Region pressing 5 that a menu showing the Players current Region is displayed. I have not yeat detected how to change it or if it is even possible to do so from the service menu. I will continue to experiment and I hope that someone here with more experience on Service menus maybe will find out if it is possible. But be carefull you do not want to mess anything up!. [/quote]

Or this:

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@Oriphus - nice one, if i recall correctly, i could only find links to hacks for similar models. did you find a more exact one or is it a similar one ?

5. b.torrent

b.torrent Member

just for future reference the site i use to hack dvd players is dvdreviewer.co.uk it has only once let me down :)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, no those hacks are for that model. The problem with the first one is that you need a remote control, one of those Magic 4-in-1 jobs i think.