how do i mod my xbox, using my friends chipped xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by noni1, Jun 21, 2005.

1. noni1

noni1 Member

sorry to everyone who answers these questions all the time, i could only find threads on softmodding from scratch, and about modding with a chip, nothing (that i could see) on modding with an already chipped xbox, someone from these forums did help with some info a week ago, and now ive lost the thread and i need help to do this step by step!!!
    CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP??!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

2. howiebaby

howiebaby Guest

fist off all you need a friends xbox thats already chipped a memory card and an non copped game oo7 works the best!

Right take the chipped xbox with your memory card and transfer the same game data from xbox to memory card then load the saved game into the non chipped xbox wala your xbox should be chipped if not then your not doin it right.

[SALES PITCH AND EMAIL ADDY REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2005
  3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

howie, you're full of crap. also, no advertising for your services and no e-mail addresses.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

tutorial section of xbox-scene.com should point you in the right direction

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

howiebaby

Maybe you missed it the first time you read the forum rules so I'll reiterate for you - posting email addies and soliciting business are not allowed in the forums. You get three strikes with me and one is up.

6. noni1

noni1 Member

thanks for the help, though can u tell me, do i need the action replay memory card or will any memory card eg, original xbox memory card work?? thanks again

7. tgienger

tgienger Member

Any memory card will work. Howie obviously doesnt know what he's talking about, I could explain it all but its all been written a thousand times. Check out xbox-scene.com and look at there tutorials. You would only be using his box to transfer a savegame file to the card then you put it on your xbox. You said his box is chipped so the file you need is NOT on there as it wouldnt be needed, you would have to download it. If you bought action replay you wouldnt need his xbox because you can transfer that file to the card with a supplied usb cable. Anyways good luck and above all have fun, any more questions and I'll gladly answer.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You might wanna stick with the Microsoft memory card. The Action Replay memory card didn't work for me. It's also known to mess up large files.

9. noni1

noni1 Member

i so appreciate the help but some of u are so confusing!! so tgienger, your saying that i dont need action replay because my friend has a chipped box and that as long as i have a memory card and crossover cable, i will be able to mod my box just with these things??
    thank you to quadratic, i will just use a microsoft memory card, if i continue... to make matters even more confusing... my partner and i were just discussing, the fact that the xbox my friend has (the chipped one) also had a memory upgrade, he doesnt use his xbox to backup copies of games he just saves them to his hard drive, so is there any need to chip the xbox? wouldnt i just need to enlarge the memory to do the same thing?
    if so can i do this myself instead (upgrade the memory)
    sorry to be so confusing, i just need to get some answers here!!

10. noni1

noni1 Member

by the way tgienger, i meant also using the 007 gamesave.
    i just went to xboxscene.com ... where do i look for the softmodding with an already chipped box.... u guys are gonna get sick of me, so ill do some sucking up... u guys are the best!! seriously though, i think this site kicks arse, there is so much info in here, even though some of u disagree, it is still good to hear both sides of the table!!

11. tgienger

tgienger Member

Like I was saying, his xbox is used for transfering the savegame 007 file onto your xbox replacing the need for action replay. The crossover cable of course is to FTP the file from your comp to his xbox, then mem card, your box lalala.

Try this http://xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=151|#151
    Read through it and you should get the picture.

You can upgrade the hard drive yes, its possible but useless. You will not be able to play copied games, be it dvd or hard drive. There is another website that gives a good tut on softmodding if someone has it could you please post it.

when you get the 007 file open it in your computer and look for a file called evox.ini , under [network] change the IP, subnetmask, default gateway settings to what your friends box is. That way when you load the savegame and evox comes up, the first thing you can do is FTP the contents of your C: drive and maybe even E: if you want to backup your saved games. Always backup C.
    Hope I helped. Like always I'll be here for more questions.

12. noni1

noni1 Member

thank you so much for your help tneiger (sorry if i spelt your name wrong) you helped me find the right section in xboxscene website!!
    but now my thinking has totally changed and i think i confused you....
    my friend who owns the chipped box, doesnt backup games or even use any backed up games! we dont even have any friends that (we know that can back up games) so what he does is hire games from the video shop and saves them to his hard drive!! (yes you might wonder why he spent $300 au dollars to chip his box!)
    so my boyfriend now wants to just upgrade his memory to do the same, because we dont now see the need to chip the box, just do what his friend does and save the games to hard drive (and there is obiously a lot of room, apparently he can save well over a hundred games to his harddrive, plenty more than is needed to play!!)
    what do you think of this and is there any way i can upgrade the memory myself?? using exploits maybe?? so now my question is can u help me find a way to just upgrade the harddrive??!! ..... well its a womans perogative to change her mind... but i am sorry about wasting your time if thats what ive done... you guys have been a huge help though!! and please continue to help me!!

13. tgienger

tgienger Member

Like I was saying, you can upgrade the hard drive in an unmodded xbox but it is useless.
    The fact that his xbox is chipped is what allows him to play the games that are on his hard drive.
    If you want to play games off of your hard drive you will need to either softmod/flash bios/install chip and install a different dashboard. There is no other way around it.
    I know it seems that you could put games onto your hard drive and play them without modding your xbox but it is just not possible. Sorry. And you said something about using exploits to install a new hard drive? Well, if you went that route that would be considered modding anyways :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  14. noni1

noni1 Member

thank you again!!
    i decided to have a look at my friends xbox and hooked it up to the computer with a crossover cable, and i have flashxpt but i dont know how to ftp into it to have a look, im finding all of this quite hard, when i know u guys say it should be easy, especially given that i have a modded xbox to ftp into, but as i said i cant even do that so i think its just best to have my xbox chipped by someone who knows what theyre doing!!
    i thank everyone who helped me with my questions! im sorry i let you down though, i was so keen to do it myself but i just keep getting confused!

15. mooo

mooo Member