how do i patch the xbe files ???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by speed2005, Jun 12, 2005.

1. speed2005

speed2005 Member

I have asked this question on the general discussion and i was surprised that i didn't get an answer so i'm hoping i do here

Guys i have the following :
    X3 Hardmodchip
    Evo X
    FTP client on my PC flash FXP
    Orginaly game of Doom 3
    -------------
    I was able to go to the D: drive of my Xbox thru the ftp client and download the game to my hard drive on my PC using the FTP client .
    I have bunch of files on my computer now for that game - around 2.2 GB
    Base Folder
    Media Folder
    Bunch of files and one dashupdate.xbe

How do i go by putting the game on the hard drive of my xbox - i knopw there is something called dvd2xbox but i think you use that if you copying the game directly from the dvd rom of the game to the hard drive of the Xbox - Could someone please tell me what to do with all these files to put the files in the xbox game and make it playable - do i need to just throught them all back in the C drive or F or something or make an ISO image and move it then ?
    someone said that i need to patch the xbe file - is it true and patch it with what and how - please any help is greatly appreciated .
    I guess my questions are
    1- how do i patch the xbe files - will XISO do the job ?
    2- Do i transfer the files to my Xbox hard driver the way they are or i have to make an ISO and then transfer it to the games folder of dvd2xbox

Thanks

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Since you are using the X3, I'd assume the BIOS patches automatically. I don't have an X3, I still have an X2 model with a newer BIOS that patches.

But if you need too, google Qwix and/or Craxtion. They are pretty handy tools for the Xbox. XISO, if you are talking about XISO_Manager, yes it patches, but only when you rebuild the extraced files to an ISO for burning back to media.

Transfer the way they are. For example say Halo 4.. Make a folder on your Xbox HDD (would be e:\GAMES\Halo 4\ ). In your Halo 4 folder, put everything you extracted into it.

Make sure you don't do it like this..
    e:\GAMES\Halo 4\Halo 4\your_extracted_stuff\

should be..
    e:\GAMES\Halo 4\your_extracted_stuff\

follow?

If you use dvd2xbox, put that in your E:\APPS\ folder. Then you can put your game into your xbox and run the dvd2xbox tool and it extracts where it needs to go. There might be some .ini set-up involved with that tool, besure to check the readme that comes with it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  3. speed2005

speed2005 Member

BR7 - Thank you very much - i appreciate it
    I was able to to burn my first game and back it up to my hard drive with no problem

Thanks again

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

No problem, that's what we're here for.