How do I return the Xbox to it's factory settings...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dorian614, Jan 29, 2006.

1. dorian614

dorian614 Member

I have an Xbox that is softmodded, but the softmod is not to my liking. I had a friend do it, and since then I've learned how to softmod an Xbox properly myself. I want to uninstall the softmod that's already on the Xbox, return it to it's factory settings, and begin the process again myself.

I'm afraid to just start deleting stuff without asking here exactly what to do, because I don't want to totally screw up the xbox....sooooo..

Can anyone explain how to get a softmodded xbox back to factory settings?? Thanks.

2. slicer67

slicer67 Guest

Do you know how the xbox was softmodded? If it was a save game exploit and you have the save game on you hard drive then load the game and use the restore feature from the save game.

3. dorian614

dorian614 Member

Yeah, the computer has the linux installer on it, and I think it was loaded via Splinter Cell. I will have to check..

4. slicer67

slicer67 Guest

That's how I did mine. Just start the Splinter Cell game and load the Linux Save game open checkpoints this will open the Evox installer and from there you can restore the xbox to factory.