1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i turn off mod chip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by benh, Sep 28, 2005.

1. benh

benh Member

how do i turn off my mod chip to play online? I thought u just had t opatch the game, but now i find out that u have to turn 'off' your mod chip? lol. can some1 plz tell me how to do this. Or is this whole 'turn off the mod chip thing' only for some mod chips?
    i am using a messiah mod chip. ->thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Matrix Infinity

Boot of PS2- PS1- DVD Movies:
    Simply insert the Back-Up copy of your original game inside the PS2.
    The infinity will recognize the kind of disk you inserted and select the appropriate boot system.

Turning Off the Infinity:
    Press start from Joypad 1 until the writing "DISABLED" will appear on screen. The infinity is now disabled until PS2 turned off to Standby Position.

Fast Boot of PS2 Games:
    Press select from Joypad 1.
    PS2 Logo will be skipped and game will boot directly.

Launching Memory card applications:
    Press Triangle from Joypad 1.

Forcing PS1/DVD mode:
    Press the circle from Joypad 1.
    (We placed this option just in case someone need to force the PS2 to boot in PS1/DVD mode).

DMS4 Pro

Dev.olution mode

Using Dev.olution mode you can boot applications from either the memory card or hard disk drive. When booting in MC Dev.olution mode, the ELF file "mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF" is launched. This ELF file can be anything you want, such as DMS Explorer, PS2Menu, PS2OS etc. To boot in MC Dev.olution mode either hold down TRIANGLE on controller 1 while the PS2 is booting, or set default boot mode to MC Dev.olution in the configuration menu. Currently the only application which can be launched with HDD Dev.olution mode is DMS HDD Explorer. Once HDD Explorer is installed, you may boot in HDD Dev.olution mode by either holding down START on controller 1 while the PS2 is booting, or set default boot mode to HDD Dev.olution in the configuration menu.

ATAD auto-patching

When ATAD auto-patching is enabled, you can connect a non-Sony HDD to your PS2 and use it as though it was an official Sony drive. You will be able to install and use the HDD browser update (found on the HDD utility disc) on a non-Sony HDD, and you will be able to partially install some games or applications with HDD support to improve performance..

Fast boot mode

Fast boot mode allows you to skip the redundant "swirling electrons" screen and directly load your game as soon as you turn on the console, saving valuable time which would be better spent gaming. To use fast boot mode, either hold down SELECT while the PS2 is booting or set default boot mode to fast boot in the configuration menu.

Default boot mode

Using the configuration menu you can set the default boot mode to one of the following: Normal, Fast Boot, MC Dev.olution, HDD Dev.olution. If you do not manually specify a boot mode while the PS2 is booting by holding down a button on controller 1, the default boot mode will be used. For example if the default boot mode is set to MC Dev.olution, when you turn on the PS2 without holding down any buttons on the controller, your MC Dev.olution application will be loaded from the memory card. If you then wish to boot normally (i.e.: boot through standard browser) hold down CROSS on controller 1 while booting to over-ride the default boot mode.

Playstation 2 game video fix

There are 4 different modes for the PS2 video fix, as described below:

- Colour Carrier: The colour carrier of the video signal is changed to match the region of your console.
    - Force PAL: Video mode forced to PAL (50hz), regardless of what video mode games try to set. Y-position fix applied.
    - Force NTSC: Video mode forced to NTSC (60hz), regardless of what video mode games try to set. Y-position fix applied.
    - Force PAL60: Video mode forced to PAL60, which is 60hz with PAL colour carrier. Y-position fix applied.

The y-position fix is used to shift the vertical position of the display to where it should be. For example, simply forcing PAL when a NTSC game is running will generally result in the display being far off center. The y-position fix corrects this and centers the display.

Configuration Menu

The configuration menu displays useful information about your PS2 system and DMS4 modchip. To enter the configuration menu, hold down SQUARE on controller 1 while the PS2 is booting.

Language fix for fast boot/Dev.olution mode

A problem is present with most other modchips, where if you launch a game or application from either fast boot or Dev.olution mode the language will be fixed to English. DMS4 reads the language which has been set in the PS2 browser and uses this when launching a game or application from fast boot mode or Dev.olution mode.

Disable Mode

To disable DMS4, hold down L1 on controller 1 as the PS2 is booting. You will see a message saying that the modchip has been disabled. Insert your game and reset the console - the modchip will now be disabled and will stay disabled until the PS2 is placed in standby.

Boot-time controller mapping

When the console is booting, holding down certain buttons on controller 1 will activate certain modes/features. These are listed below:

CROSS - Use standard boot (over-ride default boot mode setting)
    TRIANGLE - MC Dev.olution mode
    START - HDD Dev.olution mode
    SELECT - Fast boot mode
    SQUARE - Load configuration menu
    L1 - Disables modchip when Toxic is installed , SQUARE - Disables when the original bios of dms4 hasn't been upgraded to toxic.

Duo2 & Duo2 SE

The Duo 2 Chip has 3 boot modes:

- PS2 mode
    - PSX mode
    - Disable mode

It is assumed that your machine is in the Standby mode, ie machine is not switched on

PS2 Games:

Method 1:
    -Press EJECT button to switch on the machine.
    -Insert PS2 game in tray.
    -Tap RESET button once, the machine would reboot and then load your game.

Method 2:
    - Press EJECT button to switch on the machine.
    - Insert PS2 game in tray, the press EJECT button to close tray.
    - The disc will then take 2-5 seconds to be recognized and then boot.

To boot another game when already playing a game.
    - Press EJECT button.
    - The current game would then pause and the tray would come out.
    - Change to another PS2 game disc and tap RESET button once.
    - The machine would reboot and then load your game.

PSX Games:

- Insert PSX game in tray, then press and hold RESET button to switch off machine.
    - Now hold the RESET button to start up your machine. Only release the RESET button once the Blue LED light of the Eject button lights up.

DVD Movies:

- Insert DVD movie in tray, then press and hold RESET button to switch off machine.
    - Now hold the RESET button to start up your machine. Only release the RESET button until the "blue clouds" comes up on the TV.

Disable Mode:

- Hold the RESET button until the "blue clouds" comes up on the TV.

Magic V

With the disk assumed in the tray and the tray closed:

• For PS2 games, power up normally from STANDBY with RESET button. A single tap is required.

• For PS1 games & DVD Movies, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the blue EJECT light comes on; then release RESET and the disk will boot.

• For turn OFF/SLEEP, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the logo/sounds comes on; then release RESET and the MagicV will be OFF/SLEEP.

• Please turn off the PS2 (to standby) before changing Mode (PS1/PS2/DVD)

Messiah2

PS2 CD/CDr/DVD/DVD-r : Insert the disc and close tray. Hold reset to power off to standby mode. Let go of reset button. Tap reset button quickly, to start.

PSX CD/CDr and DVD movies: Insert the disc and hold reset for a few seconds to turn off the PS2 (standby). Turn the PS2 back on by holding reset until the blue light on the eject button lights up.

You should always turn the PS2 off (standby) for a few seconds before changing between modes (PSX, DVD, PS2 - copies and originals).

To turn the modchip off (to play PS1 games that may detect the modchip): Turn off the PS2 (go to standby) and hold reset for at least 5 full seconds. The next time you reset the PS2 the modchip will turn itself back on.

3. benh

benh Member

i have found out that i am using a magic chip. not a messiah. lol. anyway, i triedd turning off the mod chip which worked. however, wen i try to use a backed up game, it wont boot up. is this bcuz the mod chip is off?

4. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

5. Glitched

Glitched Guest

steimy -what is a safe way to tell if ur matrix is fake,and I tried to play armax and codebreaker burnt,and it say please insert a valid ps2 dic when i switch to the burnt game yet cdrs will work???