How do you burn xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by zachb90, Feb 6, 2006.

1. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

I know how to backup the xbox games up to my modded xbox and play them off of my hdd. i also know how to get them from my xbox to my pc. i have a dvd burner. i also have nero 7. can anyone tell me how to burn the game files to a blank dvd disc. Do i need to put the files into a x iso file or something else?
    someone please help me.

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

You do not have to make an ISO first to make the games work. Just burning the game files and folders to a disc using the UDF/ISO format in Nero (with Force Xbox compatibility box checked) can create a working game. However, it may not be as robust as a game burned from an Xbox ISO, due to the strange disc architecture Microsoft employed on thier game DVDs.
    I personally do create the ISO and then burn, but it's not a required step. I usually use xISO, but for multiple game discs Craxtion is a great ISO creation tool too.

3. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

i dont know where the force xbox option is or whtever it is called where do you find it at on the program?

4. xyron

xyron Guest

just take a look at my tut, the link is in my sig

5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Not sure if that compatibility option exists in Nero 7 to be honest. IMO Nero 6.6.0.18 is still the best version of Nero, so that's what I use. Nero 7, not so great.
    You should probably use Qwix or xISO or Craxtion to make an ISO before burning anyway. Some games will choke burned with straight UDF/ISO format so why tempt fate.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

yes FTP the files from the Xbox
    Use Cration4 or Qwix to create an ISO file
    then burn with your favorite DVD burning program.
    I use DVD Decrypter for pretty much all of mine.

7. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

I have dvd decrypter and i made an iso file with the games files and it burned perfectly but when i put it in the xbox it does not boot to the game on my unleashx dashboard. can you tell me wht i am doing wrong? i also used a dvd rw if that messes something up. what kind of dvd blanks should i use?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD-R would be your best choice
    Not sure if the RW's will work, most PS2 and Xbox games
    just do not seem to work on RW discs
    I suggest and 8X speed DVD-R burned at 4X

9. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

I have a question if you burn ps2 games the same way you do xbox games then does your ps2 have to be modded to play copied games or not???

10. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

A modchip is not required for PS2, but it's a pain in the ass. Might as well chip it.

11. steimy

steimy Active member

Burning PS2 games and Xbox games are totally different processes.
    Once you have the ISO for an Xbox game it is the same, but to get it takes a lot more work.
    a PS2 game your DVD Burner can read, so you stick it in, copy the ISO to your PC then write it to a DVD

An xbox game the burner will not read. You have to transfer (FTP) from the Xbox DVD Drive to your PC, it will be in raw file format. Then you take those files and use another program like Qwix or Craxtion4 to create an ISO, then you can burn it to DVD

As far as how to play them, getting a good chip soldered in the the best and easiest way to go. Make sure you do your research on the best chips so you do not waste your money. You may pay a little more for a good chip, but the flash upgrades alone will make it worth every penny extra.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  12. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

Thanks I figured out how to copy xbox games now I am trying to figure out how to copy ps2 games. I think I know how to burn them because I am now burning a ps2 game now and fixing to load it on my ps2 console. Thankyou for the help. if you have any computer problems then just post a message here and I can help you with anything on a pc.

13. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

here is an update on my progress on burning ps2 games. None at all i burned a ps2 game. here is what i did i took all of the files off of the ps2 game disc and converted them to an iso file. Then i burned the iso file to a dvd-rw. i took the disc out when finishing the burning proccess of the game. I booted the game on the ps2 and it went to red screen saying please insert a ps2 or psone game disc.
    So could you please tell me what i am doing wrong here? I hope It does not involve hard modding the stupid thing, hope not.