1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many unexperience solderer here actually tried to mod a ps2? o.o

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by tiachop, Jan 6, 2007.

1. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

I model much of my installs after Davbere on Team Modders - his work is the best I've seen.

2. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Yeah Dave does good work, but I spedmetal's work is the best I have seen.

3. Leech83

Leech83 Member

hi all, hope your all well.

I have successfully modded my fist ps2 a little while back now and am working on another, many people are correct with the patience you need. I also feel that confidence is a must, you need to be able to use tools well.
    If someone cannot do this, they install will be very hard.

@raderj, i just wanted to ask what adhesive you used to place the wires on the ps2 board? also you have done a very nice job.

4. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

It's some really thin double sided tape that I found at a hardware store. I've been on the lookout for some good glue that you can paint on with a brush that isn't too sticky. I never use hot glue, as it seems a little overboard for 30GA wires.

Thanks for the compliment!

5. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Here is a tip I'm surprised your mentor hasn't let you in on. Super glue in small amounts works very well, just try and keep it off the motherboard. You can paint it on with a tooth pick or any other small implement. You can also place a small piece of wax paper under the wires while your tacking them down with the super glue, this will help manage the glue and keep it from sticking to things you don't want it to.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2007
  6. Leech83

Leech83 Member

@modgod, hello, what would you recommend that is a suitable adhesive for the board if glue is a no no?
    what i had used were double sided sticky pads, then are effective but of a high thickness. it would be nice to use something else, board looks more clutter free that way, and just gives a really nice job look.

my first install is alot more messier than those images posted :( haha, but im sure ill get there soon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  7. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Getting a little super glue on the mobo is ok but in very very small amounts only, and you want to keep it off traces and SMD components if you can. The reason you want to only use a very little when tacking the wires to the mobo with super glue is for the reason being if you ever need to remove the wires if you have too much glue it will be a hell of a job. When you have used just a very little amount the wire will peal off with ease. But really hot glue is always a good alternative as its easily removed with a little rubbing alcohol.

Have fun!

8. Leech83

Leech83 Member

ok great, ill definitely try that and see how it goes. thanks :)