1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to automatically ignore DVD Decrypter read errors ?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by the12hulk, Jan 3, 2007.

1. the12hulk

the12hulk Member

Hi,

My 3-year old got ahold of a few DVDs, and spent several minutes rubbing them together, inserting them into his toy garage, and then cramming them between the DVD player and VCR (pretty sure he was trying to play them). The ones in his garage all seem to work fine, but then ones he crammed between the DVD player and VCR have massive scratches on them which would make Freddy Krueger proud. I doubt they are salvagable, but after some research on the Internet, it looks like the best I can do is rip the VOBs locally with DVD Decrypter, and then reburn them to DVD-R.

I have been trying to do that, but DVD Decrypter keeps halting with I/O errors. Further research indicates that there used to be an option to "Automatically ignore read errors", but I can't seem to find that function in version 3.5.4.0. Am I going blind? I have been running it now against one DVD, and so far have clicked "Ignore" on 7 read errors. The last one then came up and asked me if I wanted to automatically ignore them! Great feature, but how do I turn it on by default? I have a few more DVDs to try to salvage.

And while I have your attention, the "Eject tray on Bad Sectors" is clicked, but the tray has never ejected. I had thought that may be it, but it doesn't seem to get activated. All I want to do is rip the VOBs to HD, then burn them with Nero. Most of the ones my son demolished were kids DVDs, so they probably won't even notice if Barney suddenly skips from one side of his playhouse to the other, but it will bug me to death if I have to watch Arnie start to waste bad guys only to have the next scene start and miss out on his Arnieisms.

Thanks,
    TheHulk

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Launch DVD Decrypter, click on Tools, Settings... then I/O -- I don't recommend using the "Ignore Read Errors." However, the choice is yours.

[​IMG]

Another good ripper that can handle most scratch/dirty DVDs is DVDFab Decrypter.

3. the12hulk

the12hulk Member

4. Altercuno

Altercuno Regular member

If I recall correctly the program author said this was to help some drives - LG I think - recover after reading bad sectors. I know this don't help.

As alkohol says try DvdFabDec - its helped me out in the past. If you do get to the burning stage try test burns on rewritable discs.

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Get the Disc Doctor and try to resurface them or use tooth paste don't rub in circles rub from the inside out, the plastic on the disc is pretty thick, as long as the foil in the center is not damaged you have a chance