How to back up an original xbox game, that is saved on my modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tyguy94, Mar 17, 2009.

1. tyguy94

tyguy94 Member

My disc of it broke, so i wanna make a new backup of it, so how do i do it? also i dont have a crossover cable

2. tyguy94

tyguy94 Member

3. Swango

Swango Member

Which disc broke? Game disc or hard drive disc? If it was game disc you will need another copy of the game and a modded xbox system to copy. If it is your hard drive you will need a lockable hard drive to replace your existing broken hard drive and a way to copy xbox files onto it. This process is difficult for a lot of people so I would say if you dont know how to back up games, replacing the HD MIGHT be out of your realm. Im not trying to be arrogant I am just saying it took me a week of reading all the tutorials on this site and an already modded system to learn how to copy games, change hard drives and install software like xbox media center, dvd2xbox, and dongle free dvd player. Having an already modded system I bought off craigslist really helped me understand what I should be seeing if I didnt have one and was trying to mod from scratch. Let me know which disc is broken in this thread and I will try to help you replace it.

4. Swango

Swango Member

Im sorry it is late and I missed the title at the top.....

Ok a great tutorial on this is ftping tutorial for xbox.

You must connect the xbox to a pc via a router and 2 ethernet cables or directly to the pc with 1 crossover cable. Get qwix or smart ftp or fast ftp or craxtion 4. create a connection between your xbox and the pc using your ftp program. access the folder in your xbox that contains the game you want to copy using the ftp browser. Qwix and Craxtion will actually extract the game folder and make it an ISO image in one click. then use DVD Decrypter to burn it onto a blank dvd.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/436850

That is a great tut on how to soft mod ftp and overall use a soft modded xbox.