how to backup game from xbox to pc and then to dvd-r?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by antr81, Aug 25, 2005.

1. antr81

antr81 Member

ok i got my ftp to work and now i see a lot of folders c, d.....etc,,,, now what do i do? i put my orginal game inside the xbox and then what? where is it in whcih folder..what do i do? thanks

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Take note to the big thread at the top of the forum.

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

that's what most can't figure out, good job!
    D:\=dvdrom drive
    1.FTP the contents of D to your computer.(put it in a folder)
    2.Create an xiso with a iso creation tool like Craxtion or Qwix,etc.
    3.Burn to disc with your favorite software(Nero,Roxio,Dvd Decrypter, etc.) make sure your using the "burn as image" option.

Or you can copy a game directly to your xbox hdd from the dvdrom using dvd2xbox.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@antr81

An alternative to that would be HDDLoader. Same capability, different program.

5. cbruce

cbruce Member

If anyone out there is a programmer or something and needs money here is a money making idea!
    Make a program that does all this stuff for you, creating image and burning!
    Also if someone could put a xbox dvd drive in a pc so you coulod burn a game from you pc that would off the chains!!!!!
    I'd buy that any day i'd spend more on that than for an xbox360 (if i had that kind of money)

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It's been done...to death. The problem with the idea is that the drive is flashed with special firmware. This type of firmware is not supported in Windows or Macintosh, as the xbox has it's own OS system.

7. cbruce

cbruce Member

wow, well.......... that sucks! that really sucks! i wonder if the xbox360 is going to be able to get softmodded?

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Only time will tell on that but nothing is impossible.

9. cbruce

cbruce Member

ok im an idiot, and you know im an idiot, and i know that you know im an idiot, and you know that i know that im an idiot! So please understand my stupidness!

Would it be possible to put xbox insides, inside of the NES? that would be off the chains! im working on that right now1!

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

After this comment...

...please tell me you don't want a sophisticated answer!

I guess it would be different but your post are starting to make no sense or relation to the topic of the thread. You should go hang out in the "safety valve"

[bold]how to backup game from xbox to pc and then to dvd-r?[/bold]
    Is the topic of the thread not how cool would an xbox's insides look in a NES case.

Stick to the topic, THANKS.

11. cbruce

cbruce Member

:(
    Well, when you transfer a game from your xbox to your pc, and the files are in iso form you have to make them xiso form right? so can i just rename the file (name).xiso because when i change the extension the type of file is changed, or do i have to use the program?

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

When you transfer a game to your PC from the XBOX...you decide one of two formats. By using an FTP Client (Flash FXP) the game will be in the GAME/FOLDER format (that's the way the are stored in the xbox). If you use an xiso transfer program (i.e. Qwix) you can just create the iso on your PC via the transfer.

If you have an xbox game in the iso format it's already in the right format and can be burned. People just know that a game as an iso is the right format and rarely refer to it as xiso or at least I don't. You just know if it's an xbox game iso that it's really (xiso). Make sense. In short, nothing has to be done to the .iso. if it's an xbox game, BURN IT AS IS.

Hope that helps.

13. cbruce

cbruce Member

wow i fell dumb, thanks for your help

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Nah, don't say that. It's not about being dumb, it's about helping and passing it on...so now you've got one more tool under your belt.